Author Topic: Civilian ships stuck  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
Civilian ships stuck
« on: October 15, 2013, 12:36:46 AM »
Hi,

I have Earth which is a source of colonists. Mars is a destination (with 80 millions colonists), Luna is set to be stable (150 millions). I also have an extra solar planet (colony cost 2) with a jump gate on both side.

I also have 60 or so civilian ships. A few transport goods, 1-2 at most transport infrastructures, but only for Luna and Mars, and the 15 or so colony ships are all fully loaded of colonists, but are remaining on Earth with no order.

I got once a delivery of 20 infrastructures at the extra solar planet. Never got a load of colonists.

I cleared the load of 2 colony ships, sending to limbo 150.000 people. The 2 CS proceeded to load again people, but then reverted to 'no order'.

So basically, no CS is working since months, and a very few of the transports are doing something. It seems like I have a nasty bug?

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
Re: Civilian ships stuck
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 08:12:47 AM »
How much Infra is on the extra solar planet?

I've found dumping a chunk of infra there manually is a good way to get the civilian colonization going.

Colony ships will not start going anywhere until there are sites with an abundance of infrastructure there, and infrastructure will not be requested until there are too many colonists, so start-up colonies with neither infra nor population will require either dumped there manually to get going.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 08:49:47 AM »
I seem to recall a bug where the transit time between Earth & Mars was less than a day and the civ CS couldn't make the trip. Try running an increment lower than the transit time.

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 11:12:55 AM »
I think I pinpointed the problem... This was Venus. I removed all pop from Venus (and thus had 5000 infras to spare) then I put some on the extra solar world. All of the sudden, all colony ships went to the planet.

This is a bit too much by the way, they dropped one million colonists in a few days, whereas the infras I put could only support 300.000, they are now dying in drove. Oh well, at least the colony ships are working, even if the captains are not too smarts.

Now I'm trying to figure why the cargo ships are not bringing extra infras to the extra solar planet. Any idea? Earth generates a lot of free infras, they should be able to tap into that...

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 04:27:51 PM »
I had it happen for about a year and a half, then it picked up again.  Didn't change anything with increments or anything else, they just started shipping more all of a sudden.  I'm not even certain it's even a bug. 

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 12:59:43 AM »
indeed, that's just the algorithm used which is not perfect, although I can safely say it holds its own compared to the civilian sector of distant world.

Now, about the transport ships, they started again doing something meaningful when I set Luna and Mars to 'stable', so that their population grows only naturally, and have some freighters drop some infras. When they had enough extra, the civilians transports had only a single choice: to move infras to the extra solar world...

and everything is working now...  :)