Author Topic: 4.61 SUGGESTIONS  (Read 1536 times)

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
4.61 SUGGESTIONS
« on: November 07, 2009, 06:27:40 AM »
Steve.

in F2 windows can put an "CLOSE button,link a macro key? (alt+C for example?)
in Solar System MAPS..can put an "NEXT TURN"(obviously preset timer date selection) LINKED an macro key? (Ctrl+F12 or so?) ARE VERY USEFUL AN Macro Key..without EVERY DAMNED time,take mouse..reach date and go advance click?

TY v MUCH!!!

Offline gregor40

• Leading Rate
  • g
Re: 4.61 SUGGESTIONS
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 08:50:30 AM »
There are three general issues with the intreface:
1) The tooltips of the buttons that are on the bottom of the screens seem to display "below" the visibile monitor area, which makes them unusable
2) The event updates window. I am used to use dual-monito setup and the "Event Updates" window is slightly too big to fit my secondary monitor. Can you please allow for resizing of that window? It shouldn;t bring up any problems, as the layout of this window is rather simple. You can aslo consider the new events to appear at the top of the window, instead of the bottom, which would make the window behave more natural (subjective)
3) If you have scroll bars in the windows - the windows do not allow to focus on them and use the scroll wheel in the mouse

All tested in Vista 64 bit.

Do you have a bug tracker to open bug tickets? Or just use forum?

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 11:15:52 AM »
Am use 2 monitors too.
But am think STEVE use 3..so NEVEr think others trouble.
Think IF u have 1 only monitors and NOT wide 22 same as mine..or yours.

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE
pls..make resizeable-windows options.

ALL whole windows need to r resizeables.

Ty v much Steve:))))

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: 4.61 SUGGESTIONS-Tanker ORDERS
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 05:14:32 AM »
Steve ciao.

Hope r useful IDEA:
in Conditional orders for TANKERS i think need ONE line: "REFUEL AT CAPITAL <4jump" nor "REFUEL at Orbital Refinery<4jump"

i think r MORE and MORE useful than a simple "Refuel at Colony <4 jump" because sometimesvery many times,my tankers r in ORBIT a NEWEST Colony BUT the refuel logistic point r CAPITAL or Orbital Tankers or Orbital Refinery.

PLS..setup new "ORBITAL TANKERS" code-command and right CLASS definition.
ARE extremely USEFUL on hard WarCampaign,extended and deepest

Ty very much

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 07:29:47 AM »
Quote from: "gregor40"
There are three general issues with the intreface:
1) The tooltips of the buttons that are on the bottom of the screens seem to display "below" the visibile monitor area, which makes them unusable
I can't do much about this one as Microsoft is in control of where the tooltips appear :)

2) The event updates window. I am used to use dual-monito setup and the "Event Updates" window is slightly too big to fit my secondary monitor. Can you please allow for resizing of that window? It shouldn;t bring up any problems, as the layout of this window is rather simple. You can aslo consider the new events to appear at the top of the window, instead of the bottom, which would make the window behave more natural (subjective)
Making it flexible is a good idea as it will work both ways. I run three 1920x1200 monitors on my development machine so my problem is the opposite one of not using all available space. Although having said that I should warn everyone not to buy Edge10 monitors. They have been no end of trouble. Two out of three have been replaced after they failed completely and now the last original one is flicking on and off randomly and I can't get them to return my calls. Prior to this machine I used Mitsubishi CRTs for many years and they were always superb monitors. I digress :)

3) If you have scroll bars in the windows - the windows do not allow to focus on them and use the scroll wheel in the mouse
Not sure if that is something I can configure. I'll investigate.

Do you have a bug tracker to open bug tickets? Or just use forum?
No, just use the bug forum. Most people on here are not professional testers so its a lot easier for them to post on this forum than expect them to fill in detailed reports on a bug tracker. I sometimes need to ask for additional information but I would rather have that than people not reporting problems because it is a chore to fill in a form. It's a system that has worked well.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 07:46:23 AM »
Quote from: "waresky"
Steve.

in F2 windows can put an "CLOSE button,link a macro key? (alt+C for example?)
Alt-c will now close the F2 window.

in Solar System MAPS..can put an "NEXT TURN"(obviously preset timer date selection) LINKED an macro key? (Ctrl+F12 or so?) ARE VERY USEFUL AN Macro Key..without EVERY DAMNED time,take mouse..reach date and go advance click
There is already a way to partly do this. Once you select a time increment, such as 5 seconds or 1 day, then as long as you don't use another button you can just press Enter to run the same length increment again.

Steve

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 07:55:22 AM »
Steve,Steve..
Enter or Space already am know:)) from 2008.

But not ever function.
trust me.
OK..NOW GUYS!! we post SUGGESTION FOR 4.7:D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 12:14:05 PM by waresky »

Offline lastverb

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • l
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 11:20:05 AM »
it would be good to have load missiles and unload missiles collier commands for between colonies transport (made like components commands)