Author Topic: Controlling boarded fighters (spoiler race)  (Read 1176 times)

Offline ryuga81 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
Controlling boarded fighters (spoiler race)
« on: April 14, 2022, 05:25:41 PM »
I just happened to notice that I had a bunch of fighters boarded during a clash with the Swarm.

I successfully landed those fighters, but they were overtaken by the Swarm afterwards. I thought they simply "disappeared" (they were removed from the sub-fleet) so I built newer model fighters to replace them, but when I detached the sub-fleet with the remaining old model fighters (about 12 out of 40 survived the encounter), the "boarded" fighters also appeared in the same fleet.

Now I'm somehow controlling those fighters (that have been renamed and "assimilated"), and they still have the Swarm marines aboard, but I can't get rid of the marines. This is all quite weird, is it a bug?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Controlling boarded fighters (spoiler race)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 09:05:59 PM »
I just happened to notice that I had a bunch of fighters boarded during a clash with the Swarm.

I successfully landed those fighters, but they were overtaken by the Swarm afterwards. I thought they simply "disappeared" (they were removed from the sub-fleet) so I built newer model fighters to replace them, but when I detached the sub-fleet with the remaining old model fighters (about 12 out of 40 survived the encounter), the "boarded" fighters also appeared in the same fleet.

Now I'm somehow controlling those fighters (that have been renamed and "assimilated"), and they still have the Swarm marines aboard, but I can't get rid of the marines. This is all quite weird, is it a bug?

I mean if you still have control over fighters that have been taken over by hostile marines I'd say that's a bug.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 10:25:24 PM »
Definitely a bug. This is a pretty rare case - most people would not land fighters that were boarded by the Swarm until the boarding combat was over. You should destroy/delete the fighters to avoid further problems, though there is a risk that the Swarm "marines" will still exist and will throw up errors because their "ships" have vanished.

Offline ryuga81 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 07:35:45 AM »
Definitely a bug. This is a pretty rare case - most people would not land fighters that were boarded by the Swarm until the boarding combat was over. You should destroy/delete the fighters to avoid further problems, though there is a risk that the Swarm "marines" will still exist and will throw up errors because their "ships" have vanished.

Due to my "carrier doctrine" my fighters stay within range of capital ships' weapons, so I could land them quickly. I was hoping that the carrier crews and marines would be able to join the fight somehow, but it looks like the whole behavior of "boarded parasites" isn't coded yet or isn't working properly.