Author Topic: Custom/expandable Themes  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Breadabix (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • B
Custom/expandable Themes
« on: August 10, 2020, 07:10:12 PM »
I think it would be cool if we could add our own themes (or add more to themes already in the game) to use for star systems etc. Getting a lot of very similarly named systems like NN**** with known systems or just system #*** without known systems is rather annoying when you have several hundred discovered.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Custom/expandable Themes
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 07:26:49 PM »
I think it would be cool if we could add our own themes (or add more to themes already in the game) to use for star systems etc. Getting a lot of very similarly named systems like NN**** with known systems or just system #*** without known systems is rather annoying when you have several hundred discovered.

I think this is already implemented.

Please check here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg92740#msg92740

here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg119043#msg119043

and here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg115346#msg115346

Offline Breadabix (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 06:32:17 AM »
Thanks, I managed to miss those while looking through the C# changes.

Offline kenlon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • k
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 11:07:21 AM »
I'd really like it if we could save sets of themes. I tend to load lots of leader name themes, with percentages set to get the proper blend of cultures for whatever empire I'm running, but adding fifteen or so name themes and setting the percentages appropriately when I start a new game is annoying. Plus the fact that all your initial leaders are from a single name set, with the new themes only kicking in for new recruits is kinda annoying too.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 11:42:20 AM »
Plus the fact that all your initial leaders are from a single name set, with the new themes only kicking in for new recruits is kinda annoying too.

If you open the Commanders window in SM mode, you will see a button "SM: Replace All."
That button gets rid of all your commanders, and randomly generates the same number of new ones.
The new ones should follow your current name themes.

If you are comfortable with SQL, you can copy your name themes from one game to the next. It would be nice if we could do that in-game though.