Author Topic: Option to "Add Rank" add to the bottom of the hierarchy.  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Llamageddon (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
Option to "Add Rank" add to the bottom of the hierarchy.
« on: October 11, 2020, 03:05:01 PM »
Just a tiny suggestion. If you want to add new ranks it always puts them at the top, for me means renaming every rank to shift them all up one for the rank I am adding to the bottom. Would it be possible to have the option to add a new rank to the bottom and automatically shift all personel down one rank? I don't know if there might be a better solution, especially this would spam the logs saying everyone was demoted at once. I'm sure you probably have bigger fish to fry right now but I just thought I'd mention it.
Currently using Aurora 1.12 - Unmodded

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Option to "Add Rank" add to the bottom of the hierarchy.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 03:23:37 PM »
Just a tiny suggestion. If you want to add new ranks it always puts them at the top, for me means renaming every rank to shift them all up one for the rank I am adding to the bottom. Would it be possible to have the option to add a new rank to the bottom and automatically shift all personel down one rank? I don't know if there might be a better solution, especially this would spam the logs saying everyone was demoted at once. I'm sure you probably have bigger fish to fry right now but I just thought I'd mention it.

I seem to remember that it is related to the pool auto promotions feature. Basically make it that way will result in a freezing of all promotions until the new created pool reaches the minimum amount of personnel which in some cases will require 300 plus cadets. Considering that, it is easier to move the few people up than all the people down.

I feel your pain and what you suggesting has been suggested other times but it is what it is and I haven't seen anything from Steve on these regards, I mean it has been discussed to change many feature related to this area and he never officially replied or committed to anything, so I will keep my hopes down a bit...

Offline Llamageddon (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
Re: Option to "Add Rank" add to the bottom of the hierarchy.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 10:07:26 AM »
Thanks for the update, I somehow doubted it was a priority, even though it is my suggestion I would rather some other things were given higher priority. It only takes a minute or so to set up for a new new game, or I could get around to adding my own theme file. Still, it would be a nice QOL improvement at some point in the future.
Currently using Aurora 1.12 - Unmodded