Author Topic: A joke I made at the expense of a ship in Infinite Lagrange  (Read 708 times)

Offline Mint Keyphase (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
A joke I made at the expense of a ship in Infinite Lagrange
« on: December 10, 2023, 07:54:39 PM »
Code: [Select]
FG-300-A class Frigate      2,551 tons       52 Crew       9,187 BP       TCS 51    TH 10    EM 0
19602 km/s      Armour 12-16       Shields 0-0       HTK 16      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1-3      PPV 13.08
Maint Life 2.88 Years     MSP 2,251    AFR 52%    IFR 0.7%    1YR 399    5YR 5,987    Max Repair 7000 MSP
Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 36 months    Morale Check Required   

Quantum Singularity Drive  EP1000.00 (1)    Power 1000    Fuel Use 1.25%    Signature 10.00    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 250,000 Litres    Range 1,411.3 billion km (833 days at full power)

Twin Gauss Cannon PDT (1x16)    Range 60,000km     TS: 25000 km/s     Power 0-0     RM 60,000 km    ROF 5       
Beam Fire Control R1400-TS25000 (5%) (1)     Max Range: 1,400,000 km   TS: 25,000 km/s    ECCM-10     99 99 98 97 96 96 95 94 94 93

Active Search Sensor AS141-R10 (5%) (1)     GPS 1800     Range 141.2m km    Resolution 10

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is classed as a Warship for auto-assignment purposes

Rate how bad it is

Re: A joke I made at the expense of a ship in Infinite Lagrange
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 07:59:33 PM »
For a bit of context, this ship has the nickname of "useless dog 300" (homophonic in mandarin chinese, and dog is an insult if referred to anything but a dog,) it is one of the "noob ships." Model-A of this ship is rated one of the worst.
In fact, the only that any variant of ship is useful is by considering them as throwaway objects. Like cannon fodder or jump anchors that are often sweeped by enemies. At least they are cheap.
Each feature is carefully made to poke at the silly design choices on the original ship.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 08:01:05 PM by Mint Keyphase »

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 08:26:01 PM »
Let me explain more:
The original ship has an anti-air battery as its main anti-ship weapon, reflected by the AS choice and the PDT being used, as the low damage of that specific weapon in a meme in Infinite Lagrange
The armor rating is low (by my standards, at least), since the original is quite fragile even for a starter ship
The speed is also low for a frigate, just like the original
Maybe I should have used a worse FC, FYI, the original misses ships 5 times its size, IN VISUAL RANGE

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 10:22:35 PM »
Using ridiculously high tech kind of spoils this for me:

- I don't think I've ever designed a ship with armor that thick, let alone one that's also a small frigate.
- It's faster than my fighters and might have more range than my tankers.
- Can't tell if the gauss cannon is reduced accuracy, but if not it honestly has pretty substantial firepower, if not armor penetration.
Maybe I should have used a worse FC, FYI, the original misses ships 5 times its size, IN VISUAL RANGE
I mean, that's hardly a fair criticism of a specific ship in IL.

The only ones that don't do that are the ones that don't have anything 5 times their size to miss.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2023, 06:54:04 PM »
 --- For MaxTech this ship is absolutely useless for anything OTHER than target practice and frankly it's even quite bad for THAT.

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2023, 05:12:36 AM »
Using ridiculously high tech kind of spoils this for me:

- I don't think I've ever designed a ship with armor that thick, let alone one that's also a small frigate.
- It's faster than my fighters and might have more range than my tankers.
- Can't tell if the gauss cannon is reduced accuracy, but if not it honestly has pretty substantial firepower, if not armor penetration.
I mean, that's hardly a fair criticism of a specific ship in IL.

The only ones that don't do that are the ones that don't have anything 5 times their size to miss.

Gauss do one dmg, no pen.
As for the "advantages," I dunno, but ALL my ships are heavily armored and overspeeding lumps of duranium, and the fuel tank is just for adding mass, most ships in IL have ridiculously small amount of weapons for their size anyways. Especially for those with one single weapon at the tip of the bow, probably accounting for like 5% the mass of the whole ship.