Author Topic: When ive change my LANGUAGE keyboard...FOR STEVE  (Read 1907 times)

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
When ive change my LANGUAGE keyboard...FOR STEVE
« on: August 01, 2008, 12:23:09 PM »
The bugs are vanguished..ive set ENGLISH (UK) keyboard

the lonely strange message remain every 30days' turn are: "error in cometmotion"..

BUT ive an very BAD news for U steve:
i think r a stupid bug in a "SUBPULSE" choice.
When am hit the subpulse turn and set 1,3,6 or every,and next am hit advance 30 days..the counter change EVER in minimal subpulse advanced..

ARE very absurd,i loose 1 or 6 hours ONLY for read the stupid problem of my "CIVILIANS" troubles..

I think who there r a little trouble with Civilians commands.
Better r setup an "options" for DISABLING CIVILIANS troubling or at all disabling civilians messagge error or news..

Ty and srry for my very bad english
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by waresky »

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 02:53:49 PM »
I agree with you on the civilian thing. A switch to disable the shipbuilding at games start would be a good thing
I?m constantly getting emergency messages from those idiots commanding the privately owned ships.

"Oh, you are stuck in the Lubeck system without fuel, Captain Muller? Why didn?t you plot a course to Earth in time to refuel? Oh, you had to finish your mission to bring your settlers to our new colony on Stuttgart-4, no matter what.
Well, you haven?t finished your mission yet, now have you? Ok, I see what I can do, but don?t get excited, it will take some time until I can reroute a fueler to your position."

"Yes, Captain Braun, what is it?
You are stuck in the Kassel System, with no way to gravsurvey the system behind the jumppoint, because you have no jumpengine? Well, why haven?t you filed a flightplan? We would have been glad to lend a hand if possible. I?ll do what I can but I can?t promiss anything"

And so on and on and on....

Because the civilian messages come under the normal headings i.e. Orders not possible, or Orders Completed and so on, there is no way to shut the civilian messaged down without disabling the ones from your own ships.
(Yes, I couldn?t care less about a civilian colony ship that has run out of fuel)

Hm, there is an evil thought crossing my mind. What if I use them for target praktice? Darwin as its best. The good captains get drafted into the military and the rubble is stuck with the civis and to prevent them from breeding, they are blown out of space, giving my crews some much needed training.   :)

Will the Civ Spaceport continue to build ships?

Ok, on a serious note, labling all civilian messages as such, would allow to deselect them in the Event Update
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Hawkeye »
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 04:59:44 AM »
oh my Damn!
true...:) ty for info!

And yes..i think am start to setup Weapons Range when am "spot" an NEW contact:))))..dang..am jump into bridge and give order to IMMEDIATELY destroy ALL "Aliens" ships..(so my radio channel become more and more quietly:))..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by waresky »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 09:22:25 PM »
A tad more I in the civilian ship AI would be nice :) as would the splitting of civilian messages out from the others.

Though it is my understanding the civilian yards will build any design that you have.  Maybe some check mark on the ship screen to mark a ship "Government Only" or something.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »