Author Topic: 2.4 Bugs  (Read 7061 times)

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2007, 10:45:56 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
Weirdness on the "commands" view for the officer screen (F4).  If I go to "commands", then toggle off "Include Ground Units" using the check box, I have multiple entries of the same ship.  It feels like there's an array that got loaded up by the DB query that isn't getting resized down when its squished by filtering out the ground unit commands.  If I sort in different ways (using the radio buttons e.g. location or type) it doesn't fix the problem.  Note that this is an NPR (and I've got my player race set to default), so it's also conceivable that there's a query using an incorrect race ID floating around.  The workaround is to leave the view with ground units off and come back.
The previous view was being overwritten, rather than removed, so you still could see last few records of the older information if the new list was shorter. Fixed for v2.5

BTW, while you're in there, could you do an alphabetized sub-sort on the results in the "commands" screen (and vacancies too)?  I think that's one of the reasons I have trouble finding things on this screen.

Also, the "Rank" column should maybe sort on required rank, rather than commander rank.
You can now also sort by Assignment Name and Required Rank. For Type, Location and Required Rank, the resulting list is also sub-sorted by assignment name.

Finally, staff assignments don't show up in this view.

I have added staff assignments to the view

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by SteveAlt »

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2007, 10:54:12 AM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
It looks like staff positions are stomping the PlanetaryLocationID field in the Commander database with a "0" - it looks like the commander isn't being put back on a planet when he leaves the staff.  This is showing up as commanders not being available to form teams from the Personnel tab of the F2 screen - they're invisible from the point of view of the "Team Type" pull-down.  The workaround is to use the F4 screen to change the commanders location to the planet on which you're trying to form the team.

Fixed for v2.5

Steve

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2007, 01:10:36 PM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
I missed this one.

The fighter group button in the fighter/missiles tab of the ships screen (F6) doesn't appear to function.

At the moment it is set to open the Strikegroup window with the currently selected squadron in view. If you press the button without selecting a squadron, nothing will happen. I have changed it for v2.5 so that if no squadron is selected, it opens the window anyway and selects the first squadron in the list.

Steve

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2007, 08:29:16 AM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
I missed this one.

The fighter group button in the fighter/missiles tab of the ships screen (F6) doesn't appear to function.
At the moment it is set to open the Strikegroup window with the currently selected squadron in view. If you press the button without selecting a squadron, nothing will happen. I have changed it for v2.5 so that if no squadron is selected, it opens the window anyway and selects the first squadron in the list.

Steve

[slaps forehead]  That's way too logical!  (mumbles able selecting the squadron that you wish to look at.....)

Thanks for the change.  Us Murphy's apprciate it.

Any idea's on the movement errors?

Charlie
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Charlie Beeler »
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley