Author Topic: Help with fighters  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Help with fighters
« on: February 03, 2014, 10:12:16 AM »
I have just designed a carrier that I was intending to set up as follows for its parasites.

Fighter wing 1
Fighter wing 2
Bomber wing

For the craft in these wings I created new task groups and set them up nicely withing my naval structure etc. I then gave each an order to land at and assign to the carrier ship. Things worked fine until I tried to select these new task groups. Now I find these task groups no longer exist and all the craft are now part of the carrier task group. When I launch any of these craft they remain part of the carrier group making control somewhat annoying as I have to create task groups each engagement or after every landing reload etc.

Is this how fighters are designed to work so you have to manually create new task groups every time they launch or can I have it set somehow so that I can simply say "launch fighter wing 2" and have all the craft that are part of that wing launch together and form up into their respective task group?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Help with fighters
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 10:54:04 AM »
What you're looking for is the Fighters screen F7 which I believe creates a new task group for the fighters whenever you launch them.
Create a new task group, then on teh reorganize squadron tab add fighters to it, then select the ship on the left and assign that squadron to it.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 11:27:45 AM »
Worked perfectly thank you for the help. Is it possible to do with with craft larger than the 500t limit for fighter? I have a 3700t design that I use as a very heavy interceptor which also operates from a carrier. Is there a way to make these function in squadrons also or will I have to accept some micro managing with them?

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 12:37:49 PM »
I suspect the F7 fighter management screen is limited to dealing with things that you build with fighter factories (and are classified as fighters).

The others you can use the "detach" command from the task force window after you have used the launch parasites button.

Or double click on the ship to open the window for it and choose "release" from the parasites commands section.

In either case it should make some sort of task force but it will be temporary.

I've gotten caught once with parasites being launched but me not realizing it as I used the launch parasites button of the task force window rather than the F7 fighter management window, so watch out for things like that.