Author Topic: Automated Turn Interupt  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Automated Turn Interupt
« on: May 29, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »
This isn't really a bug, so I'm posting here.  

I'd really, really like the automated turn interrupt to work for all non-NPR races.  Currently it seems to only work for the active non-NPR race.  Unfortunately, this means that if one of the other non-NPR races has an interrupt event, the time advance doesn't stop.  This usually is just a minor annoyance, but in this case it is much more problematic.  

While playing with the Terrans active, I hit the time advance with the automated turns check box checked.  Shortly thereafter a Zog survey ship detected an alien ship, and then came under fire, all without an interrupt occuring.  Fortunately it was just a survey ship, and not a major fleet, so it could have been a lot worse.  

Ideally the interrupt should work for all non-NPR races, IMO.

Kurt

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Automated Turn Interupt
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »
Quote from: "Kurt"

I'd really, really like the automated turn interrupt to work for all non-NPR races.  Currently it seems to only work for the active non-NPR race.  Unfortunately, this means that if one of the other non-NPR races has an interrupt event, the time advance doesn't stop.  This usually is just a minor annoyance, but in this case it is much more problematic.  

While playing with the Terrans active, I hit the time advance with the automated turns check box checked.  Shortly thereafter a Zog survey ship detected an alien ship, and then came under fire, all without an interrupt occuring.  Fortunately it was just a survey ship, and not a major fleet, so it could have been a lot worse.  

Kurt
That's how it works for v5.14. All player races generate interrupts.

Steve

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 07:09:43 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Kurt"

Kurt
That's how it works for v5.14. All player races generate interrupts.

Steve

SIGH!  Once again caught behind the update curve!

Offline Decimator

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 07:51:06 PM »
5.14 has other, very significant problems, however.