Author Topic: Reserve Mineral Levels  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Reserve Mineral Levels
« on: August 04, 2010, 03:17:21 PM »
This new addition is in response to a suggestion in the Suggestions thread but it is very useful so I am highlighting it here too.

You can now set a Reserve Level for each mineral type on a colony. The level is shown in a new column on the mineral tab of the F2 window and you change it by double-clicking on the appropriate line on the grid and entering the new value in a popup box. Mass Drivers will only send minerals above the reserve level. When cargo ships are given orders to load a particular mineral, load all minerals or load minerals when X available, they will only load minerals above the reserve level. So for example, if a colony has 5000 Duranium and a Reserve Level of 2000, Mass Drivers and Cargo Ships will only ever send or pick up 3000 tons. This means the reserve 2000 tons of Duranium can only be used by the colony itself.

While I was adding this function, I found and fixed a bug that was preventing the "Load Mineral When X Available" move order from working.

Steve

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
Re: Reserve Mineral Levels
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 04:37:47 PM »
Sweet.
Making economies awesome just got a bit easier.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 04:39:39 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
This new addition is in response to a suggestion in the Suggestions thread but it is very useful so I am highlighting it here too.

You can now set a Reserve Level for each mineral type on a colony. The level is shown in a new column on the mineral tab of the F2 window and you change it by double-clicking on the appropriate line on the grid and entering the new value in a popup box. Mass Drivers will only send minerals above the reserve level. When cargo ships are given orders to load a particular mineral, load all minerals or load minerals when X available, they will only load minerals above the reserve level. So for example, if a colony has 5000 Duranium and a Reserve Level of 2000, Mass Drivers and Cargo Ships will only ever send or pick up 3000 tons. This means the reserve 2000 tons of Duranium can only be used by the colony itself.

While I was adding this function, I found and fixed a bug that was preventing the "Load Mineral When X Available" move order from working.

Steve

Thanks Steve, this is very helpful, although it does nothing for the Terran Campaign <G>.

Kurt

Offline Zed 6

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »
This is actually very handy to have. Thanks

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 07:43:35 PM »
Cool Steve - sounds great!!

John

Offline Hyfrydle

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 06:05:34 AM »
Another useful feature and a bugfix too. The next version is sounding very good.