Author Topic: Turn time question  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Daveion (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
Turn time question
« on: January 20, 2013, 04:56:40 PM »
Firstly I already understand about other NPR's fighting each other and that slows the game down to 10 second or whatever intervals.

I am now 14 years into a new game, have found a friendly alien race (phew) and up until just recently when I click for a 5 day turn the game progressed for 5 days, unless rarely the computer deemed it necessary to interupt me for some reason, and always I could see why the interupt occured on the events log.
However just this last few months have taken forever to run through because the game interupts for no apparent reason at intervals of anything from two hours to 10 hours and rarely for more than a day.
I have Auto turns checked and it is on auto sub-pulses and no explanation appears in the event log as to why the turn was shortened.

I turned on SM mode and made sure it was selected in the events log but still no news as to why the turns are being reduced.

Any idea's?

ps. this is about the 20th game I have played on this install but I delete every game I played before starting a new one. Could this be the reason?

D...

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Turn time question
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:02:34 AM »
it might be the precursor mine interupt situation, if you have access to the DB there is an entry that can be deleted to resolve that, or you'll have to wait for 6.3.

Offline Daveion (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 12:49:51 AM »
No access to the database, I have just recently found a mine or something that my xeno team have finished searching and my construction brigades are trying to gain the eight sites there in, one robot attack so far so it sounds like you could be right.

Awaits patiently for 6.3

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »
Err, not that type of mine, the anti-ship mines placed around jump points.

Offline Daveion (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 07:17:42 AM »
Ok, well I have no mines placed anywhere, unless the NPR's lay mines I am still at a loss.

I just had a few weeks move along nicely and then 10 or 12 turns saying about NPR's fighting and now no report as to why my turns are cut short again.

I'm not that worried about my game to loose it so I'll just download a new copy and try that and see if playing on a fresh copy makes a differance.

o7

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 09:47:47 AM »
A certain spoiler race has a habit of putting mines around planets or even jump points. An NPR might be triggering them. You need developer password to delete the mines. 6.3 will fix this problem, Steve has said.