Author Topic: bug or intended?  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Falcon (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
bug or intended?
« on: November 06, 2012, 03:23:10 PM »
Is it normal for invaders to no longer use plasma torpedoes and absorption shields, but instead have ships filled with AMM launchers? In my last 3 games the only invaders i've seen had 100+ AMM launchers on their ships, no shields and only a few token medium sized missile launchers.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: bug or intended?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »
Is it normal for invaders to no longer use plasma torpedoes and absorption shields, but instead have ships filled with AMM launchers? In my last 3 games the only invaders i've seen had 100+ AMM launchers on their ships, no shields and only a few token medium sized missile launchers.

Are you sure they were invaders? Not precursors?

Offline Falcon (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 04:16:40 PM »
Yes, they were invaders.  Spawned from a wormhole, race screen identified them as invaders. 

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 07:18:39 PM »
I'm fighting the invaders as well. Thus far no advanced tech components, they can still be gained from ruins though.  As for them all being the PD craft, that seems like bad luck on your part. I'm getting a good mix of craft from them.  Invader missile designs likewise are very poor for their intended roles, but they do seem to be mixing it up, it looks like the ai is trying to pick out how it should build its missiles.

I did however see invaders spawn in what I think was the location of a closed wormhole, they just appeared 200M km away from the existing wormhole and caught some stuff of mine by surprise. I think the rules are that they treat wormholes like jump points, and can only go as far as their jump drive distance rating can take them.