Author Topic: Patch for v4.5  (Read 3722 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Patch for v4.5
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 12:46:29 AM »
For v4.6 I have upped the tax income from civilian mining from 50 to 125 wealth per CMC. It still costs 250 wealth to hire one (actually 375 to hire minus 125 tax but 250 and no tax is simpler). This brings the tax vs profit ratio in line with that from civilian shipping. (assuming 1/3 of corporate profit is taxed). This also makes CMCs attractive as a source of wealth as an alternative to a source of minerals.

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 08:54:29 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Beersatron"
I hate Access  :)

This was my best game so far and I had some really good future plans but I'd rather stay on track with your new versions otherwise there is no point in me testing and providing feedback.

Whenever you get around to writing it in a new language, pick a DB that uses T-SQL  :)

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 03:20:53 PM »
I don't know if you used Starfire Assistant but there was someone called Jim Randall (I think) who created a program called SAUpgrade, which did what you are trying to do. It wasn't perfect and games that used it would very gradually pick up errors but it kept some campaigns going through an amazing number of versions. I never used it or provided support for it, but there are probably a few people on this forum that did. It's possible you might find a copy of it somewhere on the web and maybe even the source code/script

Steve

I still have saupgrade and have created a script to go from v4.5 to v4.6, which seems to work.  No promises for it working or the game being stable afterwards, but it may let you carry on with a campaign you're attached to.  It's posted in the installation section.

Stephen

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 07:49:48 AM »
I hate Access  :)

This was my best game so far and I had some really good future plans but I'd rather stay on track with your new versions otherwise there is no point in me testing and providing feedback.

Whenever you get around to writing it in a new language, pick a DB that uses T-SQL  :)
Yes I am still using VB6 :). You can use the ALTER command to modify tables. I already use it in the code to add an extra column to the ShipNames table when someone adds a new ship names theme

Steve