Author Topic: How large is my shortfall of minerals?  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Zook (OP)

• Commander
How large is my shortfall of minerals?
« on: August 13, 2012, 04:08:09 AM »
I mine much less than I try to turn into ships. I get a lot of messages about missing minerals for production, and I can see my non-existant stockpiles and the amount I need to produce all I've ordered. But I'd like to know how much I'm lacking on a per-month basis. Also, how much my mass drivers and ships brought in last month. With the information I have, it's hard to say whether need 50% more Duranium or 500%. Or am I missing something?

Offline Theokrat

• Lt. Commander
Re: How large is my shortfall of minerals?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 04:28:07 AM »
I mine much less than I try to turn into ships. I get a lot of messages about missing minerals for production, and I can see my non-existant stockpiles and the amount I need to produce all I've ordered. But I'd like to know how much I'm lacking on a per-month basis. Also, how much my mass drivers and ships brought in last month. With the information I have, it's hard to say whether need 50% more Duranium or 500%. Or am I missing something?

There is no per-month calculation, so you are right in that it is extremely difficult to get a good picture from the static numbers.

One thing that is marginally useful is the 5-day increment information. That at least gives an information of the numbers-per-time-interval, and the interval is large enough to show most of the mass-driver delivered minerals. However it completely fails showing what freighters brought in accurately.

So the best thing you can do is to either:
  • Save a screenshot of the information, advance by a month (in 5-day increments) then compare the information
  • Just flip through all your mining-colonies information and see how much minerals are mined per year. With a bit of math you can then compare that to the projected usage in a year and you will get some reasonable number. This depends on you using a single mineral network where everything is transported to one place and sufficient transport capacity.