Author Topic: Weird task force training behavior...  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Ashery (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • A
Weird task force training behavior...
« on: September 25, 2011, 11:06:36 AM »
While getting my early fighter carriers up and training with my first generation of fighters, I noticed that a couple of my fighters were sitting at roughly half the TFT rating of the rest of the fighters (The "lowest" of the group have a 2% crew grade and are at 95.3% TFT, while the two apparently bugged fighters each have an 11% crew grade and a 50.6% TFT). Skimming through my other training TGs, I noticed that another carrier was having the same problem: One lone fighter sitting around half the TFT value of the rest of the TG.

The odd thing? All three of my seemingly bugged fighters are commanded by a rank four, commodore level, commander. Not only that, but all of my commodores that are commanding fighters are experiencing the same thing.

Any real explanation for this behavior or is it some odd bug that I've managed to find?

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: Weird task force training behavior...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 01:05:55 PM »
do those level 4 commanders have a crew training bonus?  I believe that is the key numeric.

*Note: This behavior was mentioned in a bug report in Feb 2012, for the 5.6 version.  It was believed at that time to be related to the commander having a higher training level than the fleet command officer, making the ship behave as though there is no fleet command for training coordination.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:40:35 PM by Thiosk »

Offline Ashery (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • A
Re: Weird task force training behavior...
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 01:30:43 PM »
Yup, that's why I included the grade bonus when mentioning their training.

Even if they had no training bonus, however, it would not be enough to explain the dramatic differences.

On one of my training carriers I have the following:

A fighter with a crew grade of 11%, 100% TFT, and a rank two officer with 200 crew training.
A fighter with a crew grade of 2%, 95.3% TFT, and a rank one officer with 50 crew training.
A fighter with a crew grade of 11%, 50.6% TFT, and a rank four officer with 250 crew training.

So you can see why it's not just a matter of a crew grade/training bonus in this case.

In another of my training carriers that was just set to train, all ships are at 0.9% despite several fighters not having any officer at all.