Author Topic: Error 91  (Read 2767 times)

Offline dammrebel (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
Error 91
« on: January 18, 2010, 07:20:51 PM »
Error in NPRopPlanning
Error 91

Any ideas on how to fix this? It pops up every time I hit the time progression. Quite annoying.

Thanks,
Jeff

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Error 91
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 12:07:57 AM »
Quote from: "dammrebel"
Error in NPRopPlanning
Error 91

Any ideas on how to fix this? It pops up every time I hit the time progression. Quite annoying.

Thanks,
Jeff
Please could you send me your database (Stevefire.mdb) so I can reproduce the problem. Zip it up and send it to stevewalmsley at btinternet.com. When you send it, please include the error message in the email so I know what I am looking for.

Steve

Offline PaladinOO

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • P
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 08:43:27 PM »
In my game, I'm also having this exact same error.  Would you like me to send my database as well?

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 12:20:25 AM »
Quote from: "PaladinOO"
In my game, I'm also having this exact same error.  Would you like me to send my database as well?
No, it's fixed for v5.0 but thanks for offering. The problem is caused by a database object that I try to close twice. The second time causes the error as it no longer exists but it doesn't cause any other problem except for the popup error box.

Steve

Offline WCG

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • W
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »
I just started over with a new game, and I'm getting this error every time I advance the time. I didn't get it with my first attempt with the game, so should I just start over again?

Or is it something to do with the settings (which are just a bit different from my first game)?

EDIT: Never mind. I started over, and it's fine now. I did change a few of the settings once again, just in case. Either way, I'm not getting that alarm this time.

Offline WCG

• W
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 11:03:19 PM »
I spoke too soon, I guess. After just a few turns, I've started to get this error again, every time I hit the time button.

It's not quick to delete, either. It takes several mouse clicks before the alarm pop-up will go away.

So, is this a matter of settings? Is there some way I can set up a new game so this doesn't happen? Or is it just random, so I should keep starting a new game until I get one that doesn't do this? Any advice?

Thanks,

Bill

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 01:01:25 AM »
Quote from: "WCG"
I spoke too soon, I guess. After just a few turns, I've started to get this error again, every time I hit the time button.

It's not quick to delete, either. It takes several mouse clicks before the alarm pop-up will go away.

So, is this a matter of settings? Is there some way I can set up a new game so this doesn't happen? Or is it just random, so I should keep starting a new game until I get one that doesn't do this? Any advice?

Thanks,

Bill
It may happen in any game you create. It's caused by a certain section of the NPR production logic. If they are wondering about building a particular installation (I think it might be ordnance factories), then this error will popup. It has no effect in game terms.

Steve

Offline WCG

• W
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 09:07:20 AM »
So are you saying that this is just temporary, Steve? If I continue playing the game, I won't continue to get the alarm pop-up every time (only when the NPR is thinking about ordinance)?

I'm just wondering if I should keep starting new games until I find one where this doesn't happen. But if I understand you correctly, this is likely to happen in ANY game, just at different times in the game?

I'll just play through it if it will go away eventually. That's not a problem. But I've started a couple of new games and had this happen both times. I'm just not sure if I should keep starting new games or not.

Thanks,

Bill

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 06:41:09 PM »
Quote from: "WCG"
So are you saying that this is just temporary, Steve? If I continue playing the game, I won't continue to get the alarm pop-up every time (only when the NPR is thinking about ordinance)?

I'm just wondering if I should keep starting new games until I find one where this doesn't happen. But if I understand you correctly, this is likely to happen in ANY game, just at different times in the game?

I'll just play through it if it will go away eventually. That's not a problem. But I've started a couple of new games and had this happen both times. I'm just not sure if I should keep starting new games or not.
From the bug reports I have had, I think it happens more often at the start of a game.

Steve

Offline WCG

• W
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 07:48:54 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
From the bug reports I have had, I think it happens more often at the start of a game.

OK, thanks. I kept trying new starts, because I was getting this alarm every time I advanced the time (and I'd have to click several times on each alarm pop-up to get rid of it). I was wondering if it would go away eventually, but... I wanted to play the game, so I just kept trying new starts until I got one where this didn't happen.

Well, I've gotten the alarm pop-up three or four times, but that's all. I figured it had to be variable, because I didn't get it at all during the tutorial or in the first game I started (and abandoned, when I realized how many mistakes I'd made). But I wasn't sure if my settings made any difference, so I changed them slightly for each game I tried to start.

Whatever! I'm playing without getting the alarm right now, so that's the important thing.  :)

Bill