Author Topic: Stuck on 5second turns  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Silverkeeper (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
Stuck on 5second turns
« on: May 02, 2020, 05:25:44 AM »
I haven`t left starting solar system yet, but I got stuck first to 6hour turns now 5second ones. It´s been months, game time.
I would like salvage this game if any of you have an idea.

Offline Silverkeeper (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
Re: Stuck on 5second turns
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 05:43:11 AM »
Here is the game.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 06:12:44 AM »
Well I can go for 6 hours turns if I use 30 day increment. If I use 1 day increment the turn is 30 minutes long. Must be something caused by NPRs. I am now on December 22 and I am getting: Increment length adjusted due to imminent action. Seems that some NPRs are going to shoot at each other.

Edit: Got to late march mostly 6 hours incremets that are sometimes disrupted by 5s increments with same message: Increment length adjusted due to imminent action. Not ideal but i would consider it playable for now.

Seems that there may by some trouble with NPR ships that are unable to resolve combat situation? You would have to ask Steve to look at what NPRs are doing, that can only be done with Developer Mode.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 06:28:43 AM by Black »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 08:46:35 AM »
Set increment length to 5 seconds, click auto-turns, wait for while (real-world time), click them off and see if you can use a longer increment again.

The problem is that an NPR wants to do something (well, probably several somethings), and that it can only manage one thing per sub-pulse.  Worse, in a six-hour time jump the thing might be impossible, or it might change what the NPR wants to do.  It's probably stuck in a loop.

The point is to churn through as many short increments as possible in order to let the NPR do the thing it wants to do, and then decide on a new thing.