Author Topic: How to identify invaders?  (Read 4232 times)

Offline joeclark77 (OP)

• Commander
  • j
How to identify invaders?
« on: November 17, 2014, 10:33:46 AM »
Hi, I'm dealing with what I think is a normal NPR scouting my territory, but two odd things have happened: first, their grav survey ships have attempted ramming attacks, and second, I've been unable to establish communication.  This is the first game in which I've turned on the Invaders, so I just wanted to know if this could be them.  Do Invaders use grav survey scouts?  Do they leak atmosphere when you blast them?

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
Re: How to identify invaders?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 02:03:21 PM »
Hi, I'm dealing with what I think is a normal NPR scouting my territory, but two odd things have happened: first, their grav survey ships have attempted ramming attacks, and second, I've been unable to establish communication.  This is the first game in which I've turned on the Invaders, so I just wanted to know if this could be them.  Do Invaders use grav survey scouts?  Do they leak atmosphere when you blast them?
Yes, they use grav scouts as well as gate constructor ships. And yes, they do leak atmosphere.

What is the speed of that ship? If it's around 10-11kkm\s, it's Invaders.

I'd advice you to capture their survey ships instead of blasting them: they're weaponless and worth a relatively good amount of RPs.

P. S. And prepare for the worst: it's likely some of their other, more capable battle ships, are around, and now, knowing where you are, they can come any moment to ruin your day.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:07:52 PM by GreatTuna »

Offline joeclark77 (OP)

• Commander
  • j
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 02:23:03 PM »
Thanks.  Capturing them is a good idea.  Out of curiosity, will any "normal" NPR ever use a ramming attack?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 02:34:39 PM »
I thought it was only the swarm that could ram, but someone else who knows can answer that.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline joeclark77 (OP)

• Commander
  • j
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 02:43:45 PM »
Oh I know Precursors can ram.  And I suspect my new, ramming, alien race is the Invaders.  If i knew that "normal" NPRs don't ram, I could say so conclusively.  Actually though I've never seen star swarm ram.

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 06:39:40 AM »
IIRC every non-player race can use their ships to ram.