Author Topic: Renaming/deleting task groups?  (Read 1936 times)

Offline VariousArtist (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
Renaming/deleting task groups?
« on: January 28, 2010, 06:34:41 AM »
Hello,

since 2 days I dig into Aurora and my brain feels like swiss cheese! =)

My current problems are the following:

1. I cant find a way to rename a task group - when I form a new one by splitting a ship from another one it gets the usual name of the first ship

2. Can I somehow form empty task groups?

3. Ive moved a sole ship out of a task group but the group remained. When I split of the ship again it formed a new group with the same name as the empty one and I get errors on the task group screen. Is that a bug? And is it possible to remove/delete empty task groups without using absorb/join?

thanks for help!

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Renaming/deleting task groups?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 07:44:38 AM »
Quote from: "VariousArtist"
Hello,

since 2 days I dig into Aurora and my brain feels like swiss cheese! =)

My current problems are the following:

1. I cant find a way to rename a task group - when I form a new one by splitting a ship from another one it gets the usual name of the first ship

2. Can I somehow form empty task groups?

3. Ive moved a sole ship out of a task group but the group remained. When I split of the ship again it formed a new group with the same name as the empty one and I get errors on the task group screen. Is that a bug? And is it possible to remove/delete empty task groups without using absorb/join?

thanks for help!
If you look on the bottom row of buttons for the F12 Task Group window, the first one on the left is New TG, which you can use to create an Empty Task Group, the second is Rename TG, which opens a box for you to type in a new name, and the third one is Delete TG, which allows you to delete the task group.

Steve

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 07:53:15 AM »
*facepalm* Of course! Thanks for help, Steve. For unknown reasons the buttons below the windows seem to be a kind of blind spot for me - i needed a while till I found the "Design" button when Ive started! =)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 06:34:18 AM »
After 2 more looks Ive noticed why Ive overseen the rename/delete/new TG options: When I open the window its not fully shown on my screen. It opens too low so I cant see the lower buttons without moving the window. Didnt notice that before. Strangely it does under Ubuntu, but not WinXP.