Author Topic: Two somewhat related suggested with shipping.  (Read 1270 times)

Offline mrwigggles (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Two somewhat related suggested with shipping.
« on: January 27, 2010, 07:02:05 PM »
Planetary Interception Flight Paths: It would be fairly neat if when a move to order was issued the TG would plot a to intercept a planet instead of chasing it.

Automated Empire Supply Task Group: It would be freakishly awesome if the empire could keep itself supplied by player defined needs or production stockpile needs by issuing tanker and cargo ship to a specialized task group. Ideally it would be smart enough to to self maintain in needs of fuel and if it needs jump capable ship to reach destinations. This would allow the player to focus on higher level empire mgm, instead of micromanaging the mineral use. Though the civvies may get smart enough to fill this functionality nicely, and this being an end gaol for them would be awesome as well.

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
Re: Two somewhat related suggested with shipping.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 06:10:15 AM »
It would be fairly neat if when a move to order was issued the TG would plot a to intercept a planet instead of chasing it.

I notice the same thing happening with mineral packets sent by mass drivers - the packets move in something other than a straight line as the planet moves.  Don't have a problem with it, myself.

Offline mrwigggles (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 05:13:41 PM »
Quote from: "James Patten"
It would be fairly neat if when a move to order was issued the TG would plot a to intercept a planet instead of chasing it.

I notice the same thing happening with mineral packets sent by mass drivers - the packets move in something other than a straight line as the planet moves.  Don't have a problem with it, myself.

It can add few hours at worse, which can really make a difference if there combat over a planetary body.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 08:06:27 PM »
Quote from: "mrwigggles"

It can add few hours at worse, which can really make a difference if there combat over a planetary body.

This has come up in the past; Steve has said that he doesn't want to deal with the complexity/math.  If you want a lead pursuit course, you'll have to set a waypoint by eyeball :-)

John

Offline mrwigggles (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 11:06:29 PM »
Quote from: "mrwigggles"

This has come up in the past; Steve has said that he doesn't want to deal with the complexity/math.  If you want a lead pursuit course, you'll have to set a waypoint by eyeball :-)

John[/quote]

Boo, but alright. Is there a way to see orbital speed?

I could probably guesstimate it through its year length.