Author Topic: Why not add feature that auto add dot as decimal separator when the game start?  (Read 2716 times)

Offline exdeathbr (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • e
My country use comma as decimal separator. 

To not have to change by myself the stuff I made some bat
The bat change the decimal separator to dot
open the game
and then when I quit it, it change back the decimal separator to comma

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International" /v sDecimal /t REG_SZ /d .  /f
aurora
reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International" /v sDecimal /t REG_SZ /d , /f

This sounds like something that would be easy to code, on the game, why not add something this on the game?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 07:05:07 PM by exdeathbr »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Actually Registry hacks in VB 6 are not as easy as you'd think. Much much easier in later versions of VS.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Plus I REALLY don't want Aurora messing with global/registry settings on my computer.  It is not commercial software, and is not guaranteed to exit gracefully.  For example of the risks, I think someone recently complained that Aurora crashed on them and left the blue/gold windows coloring scheme in place.

John

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
Plus I REALLY don't want Aurora messing with global/registry settings on my computer.  It is not commercial software, and is not guaranteed to exit gracefully.  For example of the risks, I think someone recently complained that Aurora crashed on them and left the blue/gold windows coloring scheme in place.

John

Actually I've found that Aurora just leaves that on its own, it's really rather annoying. I've gotten to saving my theme right before I boot the program to make an easy shortcut to undoing it.
"Orbital bombardment solves a myriad of issues permanently. This is sometimes undesirable."
- Secretary General Orlov of the Triumvirate of Venus

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
If you use the exit command in the menu, it reverts. If you use the X to close, it doesn't.

Offline exdeathbr (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • e
Quote from: sloanjh link=topic=6003. msg61662#msg61662 date=1364145421
Plus I REALLY don't want Aurora messing with global/registry settings on my computer.   It is not commercial software, and is not guaranteed to exit gracefully.   For example of the risks, I think someone recently complained that Aurora crashed on them and left the blue/gold windows coloring scheme in place.

John
This windows theme stuff happens with me also.

Also, this aurora hack idea i am proposing here would not be default.  You would need to select in game if you want to enable that (but them, after selected next time you join the game it would auto select to you).

Offline viperfan7

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • v
in all honesty aurora should have been updated to VB.NET or C# long ago, I can see it being simple enough to recode for C#, but it would take A TON of time

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
in all honesty aurora should have been updated to VB.NET or C# long ago, I can see it being simple enough to recode for C#, but it would take A TON of time

Agreed, but then you have the decision... "Rewrite VB6 code to current .NET, or improve/expand/fix the current code."

All comes down to how Steve sees the best use of his time.

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
Considering that Aurora use VB6 we should be glad we can start it on modern PC at all...

Offline s20dan

• Leading Rate
  • s
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=6003. msg61668#msg61668 date=1364155004
If you use the exit command in the menu, it reverts.  If you use the X to close, it doesn't.

Odd.  On my win7x64 PC the colour scheme reverts no matter how Aurora is closed, be it 'Exit', the 'X' or Ctrl+Alt+Delete ;)