Author Topic: Official v5.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 28989 times)

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
Re: Official v5.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 03:36:40 PM »
You don't seem to have changed the range equation for active sensors on buoys and missiles to match the new shipboard sensor equation.
Edit: In fact, looking again, you don't seem to be taking EM sensor strength into account, either.

Offline Chairman

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 01:36:58 PM »
Error 6 Overflow

But only when I starting Econimics and aswell if I am having Economics up and running when I using any time button.
But if I closes down Economics and uses Time on  Sytem Map no problem, but as soon as I starts it upp again Error 6.

It works in Space Race....

Can it have something to do that I got almost an pop of 25 Billion???

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 01:47:24 PM »
Dealing with... [spoiler:w7nva8yu]ruin robots[/spoiler:w7nva8yu]. Post battle there is a series of errors "Not in this collection" in sub TransferShip.

Also. Once the battle is done. MY troops disappear from the Ground Unit tab.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 02:59:48 PM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Dealing with... [spoiler:fcrmi9vy]ruin robots[/spoiler:fcrmi9vy]. Post battle there is a series of errors "Not in this collection" in sub TransferShip.

I had this happen once.  They were in a new colony on the same planet, the one they had attacked with the enemy ground forces in it.  Hopefully you have not already deleted that colony.

Brian

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 03:56:03 PM »
Quote from: "Brian"
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Dealing with... [spoiler:3gllagiy]ruin robots[/spoiler:3gllagiy]. Post battle there is a series of errors "Not in this collection" in sub TransferShip.

I had this happen once.  They were in a new colony on the same planet, the one they had attacked with the enemy ground forces in it.  Hopefully you have not already deleted that colony.

Brian

Found a workaround. On the ground unit tab, change the display to "All Ground Units" and then put them back on your colony.

Offline Della

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 06:03:06 PM »
I'm having a strange problem while creating research projects for some new techs.

Most descriptions of new components work fine, like this CIWS-200:
Code: [Select]
Rate of Fire: 8 shots every 5 seconds
Dual GC: 5HS    Turret: 1.25 HS    Fire Control: 0.5 HS    Sensor 0.1071 HS    ECCM: 0.5
Overall Size: 7.4    HTK: 2
Tracking Speed: 20000 km/s     ECCM Level: 1
Cost: 44.25    Crew: 8
Materials Required: 6.25x Duranium  5x Corbomite  20x Vendarite  13x Uridium
Base Chance to Hit: 50%
Development Cost for Project: 442RP

Others however are inexplicably cut short:

Active Search Sensor MR39-R100
Active Sensor Strength: 28   Sensitivity Modifier: 140%
Sensor Size: 1 HS    Sensor HTK: 1
Resolution: 100    Maximum Range vs 5000 ton object (or larger): 39

Fire Control S01 40-5000
50% Accuracy at Range: 40
25cm C6 Far Ultraviolet Laser
Damage Output 16     Rate of Fire: 15 seconds     Range Modifier: 5
Max Range 800

I don't know if it's important: i'm running this on an italian-localized windows XP. i accidentally executed once Aurora (first time after redownloading it) without setting "." as my decimal separator, instead of ",". I thought it was that, so i deleted the campaign and started a new one after having set my decimal separator to ".". Apparently it wasn't the problem.

I tried with a fresh install and your "the space race" campaign, and this problem kept showing up.

It's nothing critical, but it's very annoying not being able to see what kind of sensor I'm designing.

EDIT: Ahahaha, problem solved, apparently I'm an idiot. It wasn't enough to set "." as decimal separator, i also had to set "," as the thousands sign. (where i live it's the other way around, so in the end I had "." as both decimals separator and thousands sign - duh, well, of course it didn't work).

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 04:47:14 PM »
Please please please make "missile lost contact; using onboard sensors" a non-interrupting event. Watching a missile salvo fly for ten minutes in 5-second increments is super-boring. You can't even use automated turns; you just have to sit there clicking.

Offline Chairman

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 05:12:13 AM »
System Map. Solar system is gone, when I try to zoom or unzoom I get error 6, if I try to move around I get error 6 and after 3 or 4 trys I get runtime error and the game crashes....

My second system is working alright...

Offline martinuzz

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2010, 05:18:42 AM »
This one causes me to have to exit Aurora to fix it, because the error message keeps popping back up indefinitly:

A civilian mining colony was abandoned, because it was empty.
I had already picked up the garrison squad that was installed by the civilians with my troop transporter, in preparation for abandoning the colony.

I clicked abandon.
This message pops up, and keeps coming back after clicking OK for more than 300 times:

error in cmdDelete_Click
Error 3420 was generated by DAO.Recordset
object invalid or no longer assigned

Dunno if this has to do with it, but I forgot that civilians automatically install a mass driver, so I did not take that off the colony.
For the rest, the colony was totally empty.

Offline Aures

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2010, 02:04:45 AM »
There are two related but minor issues I have found in the new game setup screen:

When you first enter the screen "Trans-Newtonian Empire" is selected by default but the "No Missle Bases for Convential Start" tickbox is available even though it only applies when the "Conventional Empire" option is selected. I am not sure if having this option enabled when starting with a Trans-Newtonian Empire has any in game effect but it does let you create a game with these options. If you change from "Trans-Newtonian Empire" to "Conventional Empire" and then back to "Trans-Newtonian Empire" the "No Missle Bases for Convential Start" option is greyed out and is then only available if "Conventional Empire" is selected until you exit the new game form an re-enter it.

If you change from "Trans-Newtonian Empire" to "Conventional Empire" and then back to "Trans-Newtonian Empire" the items that have been researched at the start of the game change. This is with all new game options set to default values except  "assign starting tech points automatically" is disabled (has no effect on the issue but I wanted to confirm this wasn't something to do with that option). For example, if you leave the option for "Trans-Newtonian Empire" enabled you have gravitational sensors at the start of the game. If you change to  "Conventional Empire" and then back to "Trans-Newtonian Empire" you do not have gravitational sensors at the start of the game.

I have reproduced both issues in 5.20 and 4.91.

Offline martinuzz

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2010, 04:58:46 AM »
Also on startup screen:
When playing conventional start, the number of starting shipyards does not set the number of starting shipyards.
Instead, it seems to set the number of ground unit training facilities.
Don't know if it does that with TN start as well, I've never played a TN start.

Offline Jeltz

• Sub-Lieutenant
ERROR 713 "Class not registred..."
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2010, 09:50:47 AM »
On a System Map windows by clicking System View button. Aurora 5.20,  Windows7 on VirtualBox virtual machine. Screenshoot:

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
Re: ERROR 713 "Class not registred..."
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2010, 09:55:35 AM »
Quote from: "Jeltz"
On a System Map windows by clicking System View button. Aurora 5.20,  Windows7 on VirtualBox virtual machine. Screenshoot:

Do a search here on the forums for MSSTDFMT.DLL and that will be fixed.

Offline Shinanygnz

• Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2010, 10:51:13 AM »
Under Defensive Systems in Research, Minimum Cloak Size 20 is available before Cloaking Theory has been researched.

Stephen

Offline Vanigo

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2010, 12:12:55 PM »
The system map button on the galactic map screen just plain doesn't work. Also, clicking task forces in the military pane on the system map doesn't work if the task force window is already open.