Off Topic > Forum Issues

Posting Quotes in Replies

(1/4) > >>

IanD:
I tried using Microsoft Edge to view forum (fine) and then to reply to a post but found I could not insert quotes from a previous post into my reply. Tried  on all 3 of my lap tops with same result. Works fine in Internet Explorer.

Ian

MarcAFK:
Edge occasionally won't let me use any of the buttons for adding tags, also I accidentially highlighted a bunch of text and hit a key which on any other browser I would be able to undo. No such luck with edge.
Edge has no spellcheck suggested correction which wastes a great deal of time as my spelling is terrible, and please avoid that button "Make a webnote" because if you open it then exit your page refreshes and erases all your text.
Also Edge is slow as balls at everything.
Edit: oh and in addition to that it doesn't quote properly either. My iPhone is an eminently more suitable browser for typing in, the last part of my Fiction was entirely drafted using it.

Erik L:
Yeah. Edge forced me to use Chrome :(

MarcAFK:

--- Quote from: Erik Luken on June 29, 2016, 01:04:05 PM ---Yeah. Edge forced me to use Chrome :(

--- End quote ---
Aparrently edge uses less power? So there's that. Though when I tested with wikia the baseline 2 watts before opening the browser went upto 3.5 watts with intermittant peaks of 6 watts using chrome, and 3.2 watts with peaks of 12 watts on edge. So er? Wikia is a terrible website I guess is the result of that experiment, it's ads are cancer and I should be ashamed of using it to crib Star Trek related factoids.

Erik L:
Use Memory Alpha?

Never mind, it's hosted on wikia too. I didn't know that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version