Author Topic: Unwanted colonists  (Read 1047 times)

Offline legemaine (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • l
Unwanted colonists
« on: May 05, 2020, 12:32:40 AM »
Hi I'm getting unwanted civilian movement of colonists to a colony - its taking me over its infrastructure limit. I know there is a 'make destination for colonists' radio button on the civ economy screen for the colony, but I don't seem to be able to toggle it. Is there something i'm missing. I'm on 1.9.3 at the moment

Thanks

Offline Ehndras

• Voidwalker
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
Re: Unwanted colonists
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 12:36:16 AM »
Do the opposite, either set the colony to military only and stop all civilians from touching it, and-or tell earth to stop supplying colonists, though the first one is vastly superior and immediate.
"Boop!" goes the thermonuclear missile salvo

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 12:59:07 AM »
Hi I'm getting unwanted civilian movement of colonists to a colony - its taking me over its infrastructure limit. I know there is a 'make destination for colonists' radio button on the civ economy screen for the colony, but I don't seem to be able to toggle it. Is there something i'm missing. I'm on 1.9.3 at the moment

Thanks

You van Activate that option only when colony reaches 10m people (in VB6 was 25m but for C#) has been lowered.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 05:39:02 AM »

Thanks

You van Activate that option only when colony reaches 10m people (in VB6 was 25m but for C#) has been lowered.

Or half of its max capacity, whichever is lower.

- - - - -

Or legemaine can ship in infrastructure themself, to make room, or ignore the problem entirely and the population will stabilize at the supported amount. . . which will slowly grow until it's half capacity or 10m and can be switched off.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 07:48:56 AM by Father Tim »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 07:03:05 AM »

Thanks

I've only seen the overpopulation by civvies happen at very small colonies--perhaps less than 200k.
So, if your plan is for the colony to grow to any significant size, you can probably just ignore the overpopulation for a little while.
If you want/need to keep the colony small, you should mark it as Military Restricted (on the Civilian Economy tab).