Author Topic: About Maintenance Module  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Bartimeus (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • B
About Maintenance Module
« on: May 29, 2012, 06:43:58 AM »

Maintenance Module have realy an utility or no ? Beaucause on my game this module is very big(5 100 tons) just for support a 200 tons ship(a fighter). 
How do you use Maintenance ship ?

Offline Person012345

• Captain
Re: About Maintenance Module
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 06:58:39 AM »
As I understand it, when in orbit of a planet a maintenance module will add to the size of the maintenance facilities at that planet. I imagine it's useful for fleets that operate around outlying colonies where you might not have the number of maintenance facilities built there required to support the fleet. Can't tell you if they're worthwhile as I've never used them.

Offline Bartimeus (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • B
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 08:04:08 AM »
Ok, thx man ! Finaly they have a utility !

Offline blue emu

• Commander
  • b
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 03:25:54 PM »
I would put a bunch of them into large (100,000+ ton) Commercial ships, which are then sent as a fleet to orbit an outlying colony or outpost. The main advantage is that you can have any number of these orbiting maintenance tenders in one spot (thus supporting a fleet of warships of any size), and you don't need any population on the planet to run them.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 03:28:54 PM »
I would put a bunch of them into large (100,000+ ton) Commercial ships, which are then sent as a fleet to orbit an outlying colony or outpost. The main advantage is that you can have any number of these orbiting maintenance tenders in one spot (thus supporting a fleet of warships of any size), and you don't need any population on the planet to run them.

You still need a supply of minerals for that to work. So bring along a couple dozen automines.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 03:30:05 PM »
I prefer to turn maintence off yeah i know lazy gameplay but its difficult enough keeping track of everything else in this complex space opera ^^

Still some form of remote maintence supplies building ie a fleet with a small mining and production habitat it can drag around with a tractor beam

The automines and minerals will be required as well