Author Topic: Atypical  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Thiosk (OP)

• Commodore
Atypical
« on: June 12, 2011, 06:10:02 PM »
In my first proper campaign, I have found one hell of a world.  MEGATONS of minerals at high accessibility.  Only now, with >10 populated colonies spread among as many systems, do I realize that alpha centauri is a special system.  Adjacent to sol, and a dead end warp-- nothing can come from the back except invaders when I turn them on and nothing comes out but minerals and product.  One step up from earth theres a world with 84 million neutronium and 2 million corundium, both in shortage here, at abundance 1, but only modest other mineral content.  

How typically do you find worlds like this?  I mean, I don't imagine I'm ever really going to have shortages of much of anything.  And now that I have 2000 mines on Penumbra, and another 2000 in another (less) major system, I'm really mining with a vengence here.  To find something like this so close and so rich seems... unlikely.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 09:01:02 PM by Thiosk »

Offline LtWarhound

• Chief Petty Officer
  • L
Re: Atypical
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 08:54:38 PM »
Adjacent to sol, and a dead end warp-- nothing can come from the back except invaders when I turn them on and nothing comes out but minerals and product.

Three words: Dormant jump point.

Offline Thiosk (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 09:00:36 PM »
Those are three horrifying words.

Oh well, at least i can mine the crap out of this world in the meantime.

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 06:18:55 AM »
That's quite a few mines you have there, how long into your game are you, did you do a normal start and are they automated mines? Always nice to benchmark my own expansion progress!

On topic I've recently found one planet with 74mil Acc 0.9 duranium, plus a few other good mins. Will be moving my terraformers and mines there just as soon as possible!

Offline Thiosk (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 07:20:15 AM »
Yeah, theres always a duranium squeeze.  This world could have handled regular mines, but im totally pop-limited.  They're all automines.  The planet is a big industry world, and its about 74 years in (i started around  2000, IIRC).  Sounds right anyway.  I have approximatly 4500 automines in service in the entire empire, which I'm pretty happy about at this time.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:56:09 AM by Thiosk »

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 06:28:28 AM »
Three words: Dormant jump point.
Yes.agree:)