Author Topic: Do NPRs ever actually invade your systems/planets?  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Kytuzian (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
Do NPRs ever actually invade your systems/planets?
« on: June 25, 2016, 07:52:41 AM »
I've been played this game for a while, and I've never seen any NPRs other than the invaders actually come into my star system. However, I generally kill hostile NPRs as quickly as possible, so that might be the reason I've never seen it.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Do NPRs ever actually invade your systems/planets?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 08:11:30 AM »
They do explore around the place, I've yet to see any NPR ground invasions but I swear they were added in a few patches ago.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Kytuzian (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 08:17:27 AM »
They do explore around the place, I've yet to see any NPR ground invasions but I swear they were added in a few patches ago.

Hm. When you say explore, does that mean they'll also send large invasions to my star systems? And will they bombard my planets?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 09:05:46 AM »
I don't want to get into spoiler territory, but they do what you would expect an AI to do, they send out explorers, gate builders, scouts, sometimes you find their trade routes, and if you piss them off they'll send out warships.  I usually only see those after harassing their freighters, or if I get lucky and find their home system or maybe stumble into a full on NPR war.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 05:48:59 PM »
Hm. When you say explore, does that mean they'll also send large invasions to my star systems? And will they bombard my planets?
Yes, I've had normal NPRs invade my systems with missile boats and start bombarding some of my colonies from long range.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.