Author Topic: Guide: Naval Command Structures  (Read 12421 times)

Offline Alsadius (OP)

• Lieutenant
Guide: Naval Command Structures
« on: May 03, 2020, 08:11:25 AM »
I made a lengthy Reddit post(part 1, part 2 yesterday on naval command structures. To increase visibility, I'm cross-posting it here.

(Steve posts I'm drawing from: Naval Organization, Command & Control Rules, Admin Commands.)

Commander Slots

There's four ways for a commander can provide a bonus. From lowest rank to highest, they can be a ship's officer, a ship commander, a fleet commander, or an admin commander.

• A ship's officer provides one skill at 100% effectiveness, depending on which position they hold. This always requires the appropriate command module (e.g., you can't have an Executive Officer on a ship unless the ship has an Auxiliary Control module).
  • A ship's commander provides all of their skills at 50% effectiveness. Every ship can have a commander.
  • A fleet commander provides 100% of their Reaction skill to the whole fleet. This requires a Flag Bridge module on at least one ship in the fleet. (If there is no Flag Bridge, there is no separate Fleet Commander slot. The senior ship commander in the fleet will be shown as fleet commander, but they will not provide a Reaction bonus to ships other than their own).
  • An admin command provides a different bonus depending what command type it is, and it provides that bonus to every fleet subordinate to it (directly or indirectly).

Admin Commands

A ship can benefit from any number of admin commands, in principle. However, each admin command requires a higher-ranked officer than the commands under it, so you'll run out of officer ranks at some point.

Unlike the other commander slots, admin commands require no ship modules. They're based on the Naval Headquarters buildings on your planets, instead. Any planet with NHQ buildings has a radius - the first NHQ gives you radius 1, then each time you double the number of NHQs, the radius increases by 1. So a planet with 2 NHQs can command two jumps out, 4 NHQs can command three jumps out, 8 NHQs can command four jumps out, and so on. Patrol and Survey commands double this radius, so a Patrol command based at a planet with 4 NHQ buildings will have a radius of 6, not 3.

Training commands are a special type of command - ships in a Training command will gain skill much more rapidly, but they will also use much more fuel and supply that they otherwise would.

You start the game with a top-level admin command, of type General, based on your homeworld. Unlike other admin commands, it cannot be deleted, but the type and host planet can be changed.

An Example

Consider the Survey skill, as an example, and how it applies to a basic survey ship with one basic survey sensor(strength=1) and a science department, surveying Alpha Centauri I.

• Because the ship has a Science Department module, it can appoint a Science Officer. The Science Officer provides 100% of their bonus. Let's say Lieutenant Commander Reggie Redshirt has 25% Survey skill and gets this slot.
  • Every ship's commander gets to provide 50% of their bonus to everything (or 100% if no module exists). Because the Science module exists, it's 50% in this case. The commander is Commander Keen, and he has a 20% bonus. 20%*50% = 10%, so this gives a 10% bonus to the ship's Survey ability.
  • The ship is in a fleet of its own, so there's no fleet commander slot. Even if there was, it would provide no Survey bonus.
  • The first admin command over the ship is Alpha Centauri Survey Command(of type Survey, naturally), run by Captain Londo Mollari. Because it's a Survey command, it's 25%. Londo also has a 20% bonus, and 20%*25% = 5%, so this admin command provides a 5% bonus to the Survey skill of all ships in the admin.
  • The next admin command over that is Universal Survey Command(also of type Survey), run by the unfortunately named Commodore Sixty Four. She's a really good survey commander, with a 40% bonus, and again Survey commands give 25%. So 40%*25% = 10%, and she gives a 10% bonus to all ships in her admin.
  • Above Universal Survey Command is Exploration Command(of type Patrol), commanded by Rear Admiral William Adama. Because this is of type Patrol, it provides no survey bonus, so Adama's 5% survey bonus provides no bonus here. (His high Engineering skill does help them stay on station a bit longer, though)
  • Above that is Non-Combat Forces Command(of type Industrial). Like Adama, Vice Admiral Shannon Foraker cannot apply her Survey skill here, and her 10% is of no use. It does help keep our ships organized in a nice clean fashion, though, which is nice.
  • Finally, the top-level command for the whole navy is Terran High Command(type General), run by Admiral Miles Naismith. He also has a 10% Survey bonus, but because it's a General command, it's of some use and gives 10%. 10%*10% = 1%, so he provides a final 1% boost to the ship's Survey skill.

The result of this is that the ship gets 25% from Redshirt, 10% from Keen, 5% from Mollari, 10% from Four, nothing from Adama or Foraker, and 1% from Naismith. All bonuses are multiplicative, so the math is 1.25*1.1*1.05*1.1*1.01 ~= 1.604. This means the ship is ~60% better at surveying than its basic stats would indicate. The one survey point per hour that its sensor nominally generates will actually be just over 1.6 points per hour. Alpha Centuari 1, which costs 160 points to survey, will now finish in 100 hours instead of 160 hours.

Bonus Types

There's several different bonus types a commander can give. Here's what they do and how to give each of them. (Note: I'm not 100% confident of this info - it's my understanding, but it may be imperfect. Things I'm especially unsure of are in italics.)

• Crew Training is used to make the ship's crew perform more effectively at a wide range of various skills. A ship's executive officer (XO) provides 100% of their bonus, a commander provides 50%, Naval commands provide 25%, and General commands provide 10%. The points are added up, and increase ship grade bonuses, up to a max of 1000 points = +21%.
  • Fleet Training isn't listed as a separate skill, so I assume it just uses the Crew Training skill. I'm unsure what role ship officers/commanders play, if any, and I'd assume there isn't one. Fleet commanders might play a role, but I really don't know. Admin Commands provide a bonus of 10% for General commands, and a perfect 100% for Training commands.
  • Reaction controls initiative for ships in combat - fleets with higher Reaction ratings move later in any given tick, and thus can control engagement range more easily. They also have better response time to detecting hostile forces. A fleet commander provides 100% to the whole fleet. A de facto fleet commander(i.e., the senior ship's commander in a fleet with no Flag Bridge) provides 100% to their own ship only. Ship commanders otherwise provide 50%. Naval and Patrol commands provide 25%, and General commands provide 10%.
  • Engineering reduces the breakdown chance for a ship due to regular failure rate chances. (This only applies to military ships, and does nothing for commercial ships). An Engineering Officer provides 100%, and a commander provides 50%. Naval, Patrol, and Survey commands each give 25%, and General commands give 10%.
  • Tactical improves a ship's to-hit chances. The Tactical Officer provides 100%, and the commander provides 50%. Naval commands provide 25%, and General 10%.
  • Fighter Combat improves a fighter's to-hit chances. I'm unsure if the CAG or any admin commands help with this - it may just be 100% from the fighter's commander.
  • Fighter Operations improves rearming time and possibly refueling time? for ships inside a hangar. I assume that it gets 100% from the CAG, and 50% from the carrier's commander. No admin command seems to help, that I can see.
  • Ground Support increases to-hit chances for units engaging in planetary combat. I don't see any ship module or admin command that helps it, so maybe it's just 100% commander and nothing else?
  • Survey increases the survey points generated by geo/grav survey vessels. You get 100% from Science Officers, 50% from commanders, 25% from Survey commands, and 10% from General commands.
  • Mining increases the mining rate for orbital miners and Sorium harvesters. You get 100% from the commander, 25% from Industrial commands, 10% from Logistics, and 5% from General.
  • Production helps with jump point stabilization (and maybe some other stuff?). You again get 100% from the commander, 25% from Industrial commands, 10% from Logistics, and 5% from General.
  • Terraforming helps with terraforming rate. You get 100% from the ship's commander, and from my testing it seems that no admin commands help.
  • Diplomacy and Communications are used to deal with alien races - Communications establishes the ability to talk to aliens, and Diplomacy helps improve relations once you do. Both of them require commanders to be in ships with a Diplomacy Module. If the ship has one, it gets 100%, otherwise nothing. No admin commands help.
  • Intelligence is used for intel-gathering on ships with ELINT modules. Again, 100% from the commander and nothing else.
  • Logistics increases the rate of loading and unloading cargo from ships. You get 100% from the commander, 25% from Logistics commands, 10% from Industrial, and 5% from General.
  • Xenoarchaeology was relevant in VB6, but it seems to be useless for naval commanders in C# - only ground commanders use it.
  • Political Reliability has no influence on a commander's performance - it's used only to increase the chances of auto-promotion.

Any corrections to the above info would be appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:06:43 AM by Alsadius »

Offline Mr.Nap

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: Guide: Naval Command Structures
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 09:22:13 AM »
Very good work ! It clarified some things to me, And have a better understanding of Hierarchies.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 09:32:09 AM by Mr.Nap »

Offline cdrtwohy

• Chief Petty Officer
  • c
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 10:17:14 AM »
Does the game still auto assign commanders to the different levels of the command structure?

I'm not seeing it do that as my nested commands aren't filled.

Offline Mr.Nap

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 10:33:42 AM »
I made a lengthy Reddit post(part 1, part 2 yesterday on naval command structures. To increase visibility, I'm cross-posting it here.

(Steve posts I'm drawing from: Naval Organization, Command & Control Rules, Admin Commands.)

Commander Slots

There's four ways for a commander can provide a bonus. From lowest rank to highest, they can be a ship's officer, a ship commander, a fleet commander, or an admin commander.

• A ship's officer provides one skill at 100% effectiveness, depending on which position they hold. This always requires the appropriate command module (e.g., you can't have an Executive Officer on a ship unless the ship has an Auxiliary Control module).
  • A ship's commander provides all of their skills at 50% effectiveness. Every ship can have a commander.
  • A fleet commander provides 100% of their Reaction skill to the whole fleet. This requires a Flag Bridge module on at least one ship in the fleet. (If there is no Flag Bridge, there is no separate Fleet Commander slot. The senior ship commander in the fleet will be shown as fleet commander, but they will not provide a Reaction bonus to ships other than their own).
  • An admin command provides a different bonus depending what command type it is, and it provides that bonus to every fleet subordinate to it (directly or indirectly).

Admin Commands

A ship can benefit from any number of admin commands, in principle. However, each admin command requires a higher-ranked officer than the commands under it, so you'll run out of officer ranks at some point.

Unlike the other commander slots, admin commands require no ship modules. They're based on the Naval Headquarters buildings on your planets, instead. Any planet with NHQ buildings has a radius - the first NHQ gives you radius 1, then each time you double the number of NHQs, the radius increases by 1. So a planet with 2 NHQs can command two jumps out, 4 NHQs can command three jumps out, 8 NHQs can command four jumps out, and so on. Patrol and Survey commands double this radius, so a Patrol command based at a planet with 4 NHQ buildings will have a radius of 6, not 3.

Training commands are a special type of command - ships in a Training command will gain skill much more rapidly, but they will also use much more fuel and supply that they otherwise would.

The top-level admin command must always be a General command. Unlike other admin commands, it cannot be deleted. You can make additional General commands if you wish, though.

An Example

Consider the Survey skill, as an example, and how it applies to a basic survey ship with one basic survey sensor(strength=1) and a science department, surveying Alpha Centauri I.

• Because the ship has a Science Department module, it can appoint a Science Officer. The Science Officer provides 100% of their bonus. Let's say Lieutenant Commander Reggie Redshirt has 25% Survey skill and gets this slot.
  • Every ship's commander gets to provide 50% of their bonus to everything (or 100% if no module exists). Because the Science module exists, it's 50% in this case. The commander is Commander Keen, and he has a 20% bonus. 20%*50% = 10%, so this gives a 10% bonus to the ship's Survey ability.
  • The ship is in a fleet of its own, so there's no fleet commander slot. Even if there was, it would provide no Survey bonus.
  • The first admin command over the ship is Alpha Centauri Survey Command(of type Survey, naturally), run by Captain Londo Mollari. Because it's a Survey command, it's 25%. Londo also has a 20% bonus, and 20%*25% = 5%, so this admin command provides a 5% bonus to the Survey skill of all ships in the admin.
  • The next admin command over that is Universal Survey Command(also of type Survey), run by the unfortunately named Commodore Sixty Four. She's a really good survey commander, with a 40% bonus, and again Survey commands give 25%. So 40%*25% = 10%, and she gives a 10% bonus to all ships in her admin.
  • Above Universal Survey Command is Exploration Command(of type Patrol), commanded by Rear Admiral William Adama. Because this is of type Patrol, it provides no survey bonus, so Adama's 5% survey bonus provides no bonus here. (His high Engineering skill does help them stay on station a bit longer, though)
  • Above that is Non-Combat Forces Command(of type Industrial). Like Adama, Vice Admiral Shannon Foraker cannot apply her Survey skill here, and her 10% is of no use. It does help keep our ships organized in a nice clean fashion, though, which is nice.
  • Finally, the top-level command for the whole navy is Terran High Command(type General), run by Admiral Miles Naismith. He also has a 10% Survey bonus, but because it's a General command, it's of some use and gives 10%. 10%*10% = 1%, so he provides a final 1% boost to the ship's Survey skill.

The result of this is that the ship gets 25% from Redshirt, 10% from Keen, 5% from Mollari, 10% from Four, nothing from Adama or Foraker, and 1% from Naismith. 1.25*1.1*1.05*1.1*1.01 ~= 1.604, so the ship is ~60% better at surveying than its basic stats would indicate. The one survey point per hour that its sensor nominally generates will actually be just over 1.6 points per hour. Alpha Centuari 1, which costs 160 points to survey, will now finish in 100 hours instead of 160 hours.

Bonus Types

There's several different bonus types a commander can give. Here's what they do and how to give each of them. (Note: I'm not 100% confident of this info - it's my understanding, but it may be imperfect. Things I'm especially unsure of are in italics.)

• Crew Training is used to make the ship's crew perform more effectively at a wide range of various skills. A ship's executive officer (XO) provides 100% of their bonus, a commander provides 50%, Naval commands provide 25%, and General commands provide 10%. The points are added up, and increase ship grade bonuses, up to a max of 1000 points = +21%.
  • Fleet Training isn't listed as a separate skill, so I assume it just uses the Crew Training skill. I'm unsure what role ship officers/commanders play, if any, and I'd assume there isn't one. Fleet commanders might play a role, but I really don't know. Admin Commands provide a bonus of 10% for General commands, and a perfect 100% for Training commands.
  • Reaction controls initiative for ships in combat - fleets with higher Reaction ratings move later in any given tick, and thus can control engagement range more easily. They also have better response time to detecting hostile forces. A fleet commander provides 100% to the whole fleet. A de facto fleet commander(i.e., the senior ship's commander in a fleet with no Flag Bridge) provides 100% to their own ship only. Ship commanders otherwise provide 50%. Naval and Patrol commands provide 25%, and General commands provide 10%.
  • Engineering reduces the breakdown chance for a ship due to regular failure rate chances. (This only applies to military ships, and does nothing for commercial ships). An Engineering Officer provides 100%, and a commander provides 50%. Naval, Patrol, and Survey commands each give 25%, and General commands give 10%.
  • Tactical does (something related to combat - TBH, not sure what). The Tactical Officer provides 100%, and the commander provides 50%. Naval commands provide 25%, and General 10%.
  • Fighter Operations and Fighter Combat are separate skills, both of which provide (some bonus to fighters, not sure what). I assume that both get 100% from the CAG, and 50% from the commander. No admin command seems to help them, that I can see.
  • Ground Support increases to-hit chances for units engaging in planetary combat. I don't see any ship module or admin command that helps it, so maybe it's just 100% commander and nothing else?
  • Survey increases the survey points generated by geo/grav survey vessels. You get 100% from Science Officers, 50% from commanders, 25% from Survey commands, and 10% from General commands.
  • Mining increases the mining rate for orbital miners and Sorium harvesters. You get 100% from the commander, 25% from Industrial commands, 10% from Logistics, and 5% from General.
  • Production helps with jump gate construction (and maybe some other stuff?). You again get 100% from the commander, 25% from Industrial commands, 10% from Logistics, and 5% from General.
  • Terraforming helps with terraforming rate. You again get 100% from the commander, and (I assume) 25% from Industrial commands, 10% from Logistics, and 5% from General.
  • Diplomacy and Communications are used to deal with alien races - Communications establishes the ability to talk to aliens, and Diplomacy helps improve relations once you do. Both of them require commanders to be in ships with a Diplomacy Module. If the ship has one, it gets 100%, otherwise nothing. No admin commands help.
  • Intelligence is used for intel-gathering on ships with ELINT modules. Again, 100% from the commander and nothing else.
  • Logistics increases the rate of loading and unloading cargo from ships. You get 100% from the commander, 25% from Logistics commands, 10% from Industrial, and 5% from General.
  • Xenoarchaeology was relevant in VB6, but it seems to be useless for naval commanders in C# - only ground commanders use it.
  • Political Reliability has no influence on a commander's performance - it's used only to increase the chances of auto-promotion.

Any corrections to the above info would be appreciated. Thanks.

For the other combat assistance modules (except the flag bridge), is it useful to put them on the entire fleet? Or only at the command ship?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 10:39:54 AM by Mr.Nap »

Offline Alsadius (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 10:50:00 AM »
For the other combat assistance modules (except the flag bridge), is it useful to put them on the entire fleet? Or only at the command ship?

Main engineering, auxiliary control, and the like? Those only affect the ship that they're mounted on. The only one that affects multiple ships is the flag bridge.

Offline Mr.Nap

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 10:57:58 AM »
Noted.
Thank you so much.  :)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 11:19:32 AM »
Tactical helps the To-Hit chance.

Fighter Combat helps with To-Hit rolls when commanding a fighter.

Fighter Operations helps with rearming and (possibly, not 100% sure) refueling fighters inside a hangar.

Production is named thus because it was speeding up jump gate construction. It should still speed up Jump Point stabilization as only the name changed, nothing else but I don't know if anyone has tested it enough to confirm.

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius

Offline Alsadius (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2020, 11:30:20 AM »
Tactical helps the To-Hit chance.

Fighter Combat helps with To-Hit rolls when commanding a fighter.

Fighter Operations helps with rearming and (possibly, not 100% sure) refueling fighters inside a hangar.

Production is named thus because it was speeding up jump gate construction. It should still speed up Jump Point stabilization as only the name changed, nothing else but I don't know if anyone has tested it enough to confirm.

Makes sense. I assume a CAG helps with Fighter Ops, but probably not with Fighter Combat.

Also, I did a bit of testing - terraforming doesn't seem to benefit from admin commands.

Offline Polestar

• P
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2020, 01:58:27 PM »
This guide's headed in the right direction! This post provides some additional notes and corrections to a few points below.

The general equation governing the effect of commanders and admin HQs is not exactly as given above. It is, simplified:

Total multiplier to the stat = (1 + commander bonus) * (1 + first admin bonus) * (1 + second admin bonus), repeating for all admin bonuses.

The commander's bonus may be applied in full, or be halved. I give some examples of both below.
The admin bonus is the admin officer's bonus, multiplied by the admin HQ type's multiplier, as described by Steve and in this guide.

I said "simplified", because I have not tested the effect of supporting officers.

Some notes based on testing in v1.93.

1. The top-level command can be of any type. The type of HQ has its normal effect. My top-ranking officer happened to have a bonus to terraforming, so I made my top-level command an Industrial HQ, and got the expected bonus to terraforming.

Mining (ship-board):
The rules operate normally. The commander on a ship contributes 100% of their bonus.

Terraforming (ship-board):
The rules operate normally. The commander on a ship contributes 100% of their bonus.

Surveying:
Testing using several gravitational survey ships, each mounting one ordinary grav sensor (base rate: 1/hour), and one geosurvey ship, mounting one ordinary geo sensor.

Survey (and general) commands appear to affect geo-surveys normally. The commander on a ship contributes 50% of their bonus. The effect of the science officer has not been tested by me. The effects of commanders and admin support take effect immediately. Survey commands do indeed get a 2x range bonus.

Grav surveys are weird. I could not get the rate at which they operate to change by any mix of commanders or admin HQs. The rate stuck at 1.45/hour, and attempts to reset things by cancelling commands, waiting for the next gravsurvey site, or even removing the admin command entirely all failed to change this in the slightest.

The following users thanked this post: Cinnius, Alsadius, Sebmono

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 03:44:07 PM »
Of note: An admin command without a commander provides no bonuses, and does not confer bonuses from its parents.
In other words, a vacant admin command breaks the chain of nesting bonuses.
It is very important to keep your admins from being vacant.

Offline Alsadius (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2020, 03:51:02 PM »
The general equation governing the effect of commanders and admin HQs is not exactly as given above. It is, simplified:

Total multiplier to the stat = (1 + commander bonus) * (1 + first admin bonus) * (1 + second admin bonus), repeating for all admin bonuses.

The commander's bonus may be applied in full, or be halved. I give some examples of both below.
The admin bonus is the admin officer's bonus, multiplied by the admin HQ type's multiplier, as described by Steve and in this guide.

I said "simplified", because I have not tested the effect of supporting officers.

That was the formula I used, if I'm reading you right. Where do you disagree with my example?

1. The top-level command can be of any type. The type of HQ has its normal effect. My top-ranking officer happened to have a bonus to terraforming, so I made my top-level command an Industrial HQ, and got the expected bonus to terraforming.

Wait, to terraforming? My terraformers are in an industrial command, and don't get any bonus I can see.

Mining (ship-board):

Terraforming (ship-board):

Thanks for confirming.

Surveying:
Testing using several gravitational survey ships, each mounting one ordinary grav sensor (base rate: 1/hour), and one geosurvey ship, mounting one ordinary geo sensor.

Survey (and general) commands appear to affect geo-surveys normally. The commander on a ship contributes 50% of their bonus. The effect of the science officer has not been tested by me. The effects of commanders and admin support take effect immediately. Survey commands do indeed get a 2x range bonus.

Grav surveys are weird. I could not get the rate at which they operate to change by any mix of commanders or admin HQs. The rate stuck at 1.45/hour, and attempts to reset things by cancelling commands, waiting for the next gravsurvey site, or even removing the admin command entirely all failed to change this in the slightest.

Weird. Might be worth bug-reporting, if you're finding this on the newest build.

Offline Polestar

• P
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2020, 06:59:07 PM »

That was the formula I used, if I'm reading you right. Where do you disagree with my example?
We're clearly reading the same formula in the same way. So, no disagreement there. My post - and I could perhaps have made this clear - is about language. The way the guide is written seems to suggest a formula of additive, not multiplicative, bonuses.

A minor thought along the lines of how to make effective use of this game mechanic:
Perhaps include a beginner's tip saying something like "If you have one or two ships making use of a particular bonus, then it is important to assign them your best commanders. However, if you have more ships than this, assigning your best leaders to a chain of administrative HQs commanding your fleets will enable them to force-multiply the efforts of all your ships."

Wait, to terraforming? My terraformers are in an industrial command, and don't get any bonus I can see. [/quote]I performed the following experiment:

Have a terraforming ship in orbit. Have it assigned to any admin hierarchy below the top-level HQ. Assign a (valid) officer with a bonus to Terraforming to the top-level HQ. Set the top-level HQ to be of any type other than Industrial. For the world around which the ship is orbiting, inspect the Environment tab. Now, change the top-level command to Industrial. Inspect the Environment tab for that world again.

Hope this reply helps.

Offline Exultant

• Petty Officer
  • E
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2020, 11:32:27 PM »
Quote from: Alsadius link=topic=11223.    msg130300#msg130300 date=1588511485
  • Fleet Training isn't listed as a separate skill, so I assume it just uses the Crew Training skill.     I'm unsure what role ship officers/commanders play, if any, and I'd assume there isn't one.     Fleet commanders might play a role, but I really don't know.   
Fleet training is the VB6 taskforce training.     It's what you're increasing when you put your ships under a Training naval command, and uses crew training as a max increase per-year.    Percentages transferred to ships appear to be a percentage of that commander's skill. 

Also, a ship with an XO has a noticeable impact on training times, so I assume it functions just like everything else (with XO giving full bonus and ship commander giving 50%)[/list]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 11:54:09 PM by Exultant »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2020, 07:37:25 AM »
In VB Aurora Communications was also the public relations skill, and it increased the apparent PPV of a ship / fleet.  I haven't seen any mention of it from Steve so I suspect that aspect is not in C# Aurora yet.

Offline vorpal+5

• Captain
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2020, 05:13:18 AM »
This is very informative and the written format allows much more content in the end than doing a video. Also, quicker to find the info you search!
That's not to say I don't like the videos done, it's just that this text is very well laid out and explained and easy to recheck in time of need.

The following users thanked this post: serger, Alsadius, skoormit