Author Topic: Starship Corporation  (Read 4560 times)

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Starship Corporation
« on: June 08, 2016, 01:09:30 AM »
Hi folks,

new game coming with interesting starship construction concept.

Torsten

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
Re: Starship Corporation
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 05:32:29 AM »
Saw this yesterday.  Will have to look at it some more.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 07:51:55 AM »
Scott Manley is the man..... Ly.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 09:01:20 AM »
It's been in development for a few years now. I backed it a while back, and finally played around with the steam version a week or two ago. I think it has a lot of potential to be fun, but development, until now, has been very slow, so I'm not holding my breath for a completed version anytime soon.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 11:33:06 PM »
Finally a game with even more micro management for ship design than Aurora. I'm glad we don't need to individually add in electrical, life support, water, fuel lines and such, everything's neatly automated with crew quarters now being automatically added too. Though I do think some power should be required for all ship systems. 
Back to starship Corp, Scott showed a bunch of simulations you can run with the design, is there anything more than that in the game yet, can I take a fleet of ships I have designed out into the far reaches of space and set up a new ship building colony using what I've brought, while struggling with Finances, logistics, trade, manning requirements, events, piracy, aliens, war, etc? That would be pretty awesome.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "