Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 38414 times)

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #255 on: May 18, 2020, 12:21:31 PM »
Quote from: SpikeTheHobbitMage link=topic=11298. msg133643#msg133643 date=1589754253
Quote from: Destragon link=topic=11298. msg133640#msg133640 date=1589754004
It's looking to me like you can clone your ground units by moving them around between different ground forces windows. 

Open multiple ground forces windows with shift click, then drag unit elements from your formations in the additional windows to one formation in one specific window.   When you are dragging some element out of a formation in one window, the element is only removed from that formation in THAT window, not in the other windows you have open, which means you can duplicate your units as many times as you have windows open.
I'm betting that this is just a refresh bug.   When you refresh a window or open a new one, is the unit still duplicated, or is it in the last place you dropped it?
You can check for yourself, it's very easy to reproduce.
The units stay duplicated, even if you reopen the window, pass time, or load them onto transports.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2020, 12:49:53 PM »
Reporting again , in case missed 1st time

When scrapping a ship - say Military - the drop-down class box gives me a list of all the Military ship classes that have ever been designed , even designs that have long since been obsoleted and all ships scrapped. This is making the drop-down box unwieldy to view.

The same goes for the Commercial vessel scrap drop-down box.

DavidR

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 04:30:12 AM by Bughunter »

Offline timotej

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • t
« Reply #257 on: May 18, 2020, 01:20:43 PM »
I was researching Active Grav Sensor Strength 16, with Thermal Sensor Sensitivity 11 and EM Sensor Sensitivity 11 queued up after that one.   I picked up an enemy life pod and got the "successful espionage" message about acquiring technical details for Active Grav Sensor Strength 16, which finished.

Now, when I go to the research screen, I get an error popup and cannot find any EM/Thermal sensor sensitivty techs.  This seems to block me from progressing further than sensitivity 8.

Here is my database after the issue, i. e.  when the EM/Thermal sensitivity techs can't be found: https://drive. google. com/file/d/16NKGcBlQUj3BqgJ-nWHWXjf2DzMAUZ7j/view?usp=sharing
Here is the last save before the issue happened, although that's several hours of playtime earlier: https://drive. google. com/file/d/12iSRvopichWx6DEbcaL3EnWUYSuN0eRo/view?usp=sharing

The function number

The complete error text
1. 9. 5 Function #2169: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The window affected
Research window

What you were doing at the time
Picking up enemy surviors

Conventional or TN start
Conventional

Random or Real Stars
Real Stars

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
Easy to reproduce: open the research screen in my save
One-off: Guess I had to be unlucky to get the tech with queued techs from rescuing a life pod?

Failed to reproduce
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 06:57:30 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Treahblade

• Petty Officer
« Reply #258 on: May 18, 2020, 01:55:09 PM »
Hey all, I seam to have found a bug in the in flight replenishment.  It seams like it stops transferring fuel to the target even though I have it researched to do so at 30%.  Do tankers need to be built after you research this or is this a tech that is just auto applied to all fleets that have tankers?

My example is a TUG moving a mining station that I also have a tanker along for the ride.  The tanker has a refueling system that can transfer 50k liters per hour and at 30% that should be 15,000 liters per hour.  If I check the fuel amount on the tanker its 3,757,321.  I advance time by 1 hour and its then at 3,757,321 ( no change ) and the tug is still loosing fuel.  I currently have the fleet at picket speed (1kms) to test this.  If I tell the fleet to stop and remove all the orders then refueling happens normally? I am sure this is not intended. 

No function
No error text
Fleet / Ship overview
Refueling a ship in transit.  - The tanker moved and joined the fleet that was already moving
Real Stars game. 
This game is currently in year 65
Very easy to reproduce just make a tanker have  Underway replenishment at less then 100% ( I only tested with my current tech level of 30%)

Possibly covered by a fix already done, asked Steve about it
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 07:14:12 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Demakustus

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #259 on: May 18, 2020, 02:06:32 PM »
The function number - #609
The complete error text - 1.9.5 Function #609: Incorrect input string format.
The window affected - Economics -> Civilian Economy tab
What you were doing at the time - Setting up supply or demand for an installation
Conventional or TN start - n/a
Random or Real Stars - n/a
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - Can happen immediately

You cannot directly set a non integer amount of installations for either supply or demand on a colony. For example, you cannot directly set 1.5 research laboratories to be supplied.
You can however, set 1 installation to be supplied/demanded first, and then modify that amount to include a decimal value.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 07:02:36 AM by Bughunter »

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #260 on: May 18, 2020, 05:06:49 PM »
reporting 3 potential bugs with the same DB setup:
  • Beam weapon can fire multiple within the same 5s tick under Area PD mode Need more investigation
  • SM edited ship class may have incorrect power consumption calculation for beam weapons Need more investigation
  • When Area PD hits targets, the energy impact shown on the tactical map are on the firing fleet, rather than the target missiles Confirmed

The function number - N/A
The complete error text - N/A
The window affected - N/A
What you were doing at the time -testing
Conventional or TN start - TN
Random or Real Stars - Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? - No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - Easy
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - N/A

This is our (unfortunate) test subject:
Code: [Select]
Adana class Destroyer      12 000 tons       440 Crew       6 460.6 BP       TCS 240    TH 4 800    EM 0
20000 km/s      Armour 6-46       Shields 0-0       HTK 86      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 10      PPV 51
Maint Life 2.60 Years     MSP 3 365    AFR 115%    IFR 1.6%    1YR 702    5YR 10 527    Max Repair 1200 MSP
Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 24 months    Morale Check Required   

Inertial Fusion Drive  EP2400.00 (2)    Power 4800    Fuel Use 30.81%    Signature 2400    Explosion 15%
Fuel Capacity 987 000 Litres    Range 48.1 billion km (27 days at full power)

20cm C10 Far X-Ray Laser (2)    Range 600 000km     TS: 20 000 km/s     Power 10-10     RM 80 000 km    ROF 5       
20cm Railgun V80/C12 (1x4)    Range 320 000km     TS: 20 000 km/s     Power 12-12     Accuracy Modifier 100%     RM 80 000 km    ROF 5       
Particle Beam-2 (4)    Range 500 000km     TS: 20 000 km/s     Power 5-5    ROF 5       
R400/C10 Meson Cannon (2)    Range 400 000km     TS: 20 000 km/s     Power 10-10     RM 400 000 km    ROF 5       
Beam Fire Control R600-TS40000 (1)     Max Range: 600 000 km   TS: 40 000 km/s   
Inertial Confinement Fusion Reactor R43 (2)     Total Power Output 86.4    Exp 5%
Filler (1)     Total Power Output 0    Exp 5%

Active Search Sensor AS24-R1 (1)     GPS 60     Range 24.7m km    MCR 2.2m km    Resolution 1

ECCM-6 (1)         ECM 60

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

Note that, all its beam weapons have ROF of 5, and the total power requirement is 10*2+12*1+5*4+10*2 = 72, which is less than the power plant capacity of 86.4.

BFC setup: after incoming missiles are detected, one of the salvos is targeted, and BFC set to open fire.

9 salvos of 6-missile are incoming

When the missiles are in range for lasers, the lasers fired at ALL salvos once during the same tick:

Same for the particle beams. Note that, the lasers are not firing in this tick even if they are supposed to have a 5s ROF. Also, note that the energy weapon impact symbol is drawn on the fleet itself rather than on the missile salvos.

Same for the mesons and railguns. Note that the lasers and particle beams are not firing in this tick. It also can be seen the 4 missiles destroyed in the last tick are indeed destroyed.

The beam weapons firing multiple times bug could be that they were not flagged as 'fired' in this tick in area PD mode. Final fire PD seems to work as intended. The power charging issue could be related to this ship has been SM modified from having 12 particle cannons to the current weapon suite.

Attached is the DB for this scenario. The attacking side is the Earth Federation on earth. In its Battle Fleet, 3 missile destroyers have their target set up and are ready to fire. The target ship Adana001 (in a fleet bearing the same name) belongs to the Martian Republic, traveling from Mars towards Earth.

If missiles are ordered to launch immediately after loading the game, the missile detection from the Martian side happens about 59 mins after the launch.

Once the missiles are detected by Adana001, reverse its course (flying to Mars), and set up its fire control as above (just need to target a missile salvo and order open fire).

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 02:11:06 PM by Bughunter »

The following users thanked this post: UberWaffe

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #261 on: May 18, 2020, 05:37:45 PM »
1.9.5, game started on 1.9.5

Start new game. everything default but:
In race settings put auto research tech checkbox and start with 100 000 instead of 80 000 research points.
Create game.

Earth will have no fighter factories.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2020, 07:04:37 PM »
Commercial hangers cannot reload box launchers (maybe not even give fighters missiles at all).

Periods not commas.
1.9.5. Started in 1.9.5
non-TN start, roughly 70 years in (DB attached, start year 2000).

Attached is DB to check it out yourself. As per the changelog it said commercial hangers can reload fighters. My commercial carriers have missiles but do not have the same options that ships with regular hangers do when it comes to parasite ordinance.

To add to this I added the ordinance transfer, civ mag, and civ hanger on a ship, landed box launcher fighters with no ammo on it, and they will not reload and there is no command to reload them as in a regular hanger can.

As per this posts:

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg103584#msg103584

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg104195#msg104195

They should be able to do it if they have these 3 things.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 07:07:13 PM by DFNewb »

Offline hostergaard

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • h
« Reply #263 on: May 19, 2020, 04:01:47 AM »
Version 1.9.5

Academy commandants positions that are in fact already occupied keeps being displayed even when the checkbox for "Available Only" have been checked.

Relevant default Info:

What you were doing at the time: Assigning Commanders to academies
The window affected: Commanders
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy. Always there even from the beginning. You just need an academy.
Is your decimal separator a comma? Yes (I think)

Likely irrelevant default Info:

The function number:     no error
The complete error text: no error
Random or Real Stars: Real
Let me know the length of the campaign as well: over 100 years, but saw it from the beginning

If your decimal separator is a comma then you need to change it, once you have then you can try to reproduce the bug and report it again, heres a guide on how: -SpaceMarine http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11139.0

Confirmed - Bughunter

I just checked and my decimal separator is dot. Usually is comma on most computers here in Denmark, but I guess I may have changed it at some point, probably while playing aurora a year or two again, so I guess I am re-submitting it as a bug without testing it again...?

Offline hostergaard

• h
« Reply #264 on: May 19, 2020, 04:23:39 AM »
Version 1.9.5

Essentially, if you have one supply order and two or more demands of a particular installation, shipping lines get really confused and oversupply and undersupply various destination.

I seen it happen many times, never got around to reporting it, so you can easily replicate it.  But in the latest case I was shipping automated mines to C/2017 K2 and Crommelin from earth. I had set earth to supply 80 automated mines and the automated mining colonies to demand 40 each. They ended up with 54 and 26 respectively. And Crommelin ended up with still demanding 14. I will note that I have 15 civilian shipping lines and I am guessing something like 200-400 civilian ships.

The issue seem in my estimation to get worse when you take larger turns. I am guessing multiple ships try to load the same order and unload and the check goes out of sync when taking 30 day turns and don't check properly.

Also, sometimes the shipment gets lost when this happens, not all the installations makes it. I am guessing they end up lost in the storage of some civilian hauler as they don't know where to drop it of.

I want to check and see if dividing supply into different orders will help but have not gotten around to it

Relevant default Info:

What you were doing at the time: Shipping installations via civilian shipping lines
The window affected: Economics (Civilian Economy)
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy. Just ship to two different colonies with one order.
Is your decimal separator a comma? No

Let me know the length of the campaign as well: over 100 years, but saw it from the beginning. Actually the same campaign as my previous post
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 04:27:41 AM by hostergaard »

The following users thanked this post: Resand

Offline hostergaard

• h
« Reply #265 on: May 19, 2020, 04:24:17 AM »
Version 1.9.5

Might be an extension of the previous bug, but when looking into the civilian shipping lines I found that some ships where hauling trade goods to automated mine colonies despite these having no demands for trade whatsoever.

Relevant default Info:

What you were doing at the time: Checking where civilian shipping lines where shipping goods
The window affected: Naval Organization
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Hard to say. Easy maybe?

Let me know the length of the campaign as well: over 100 years, but saw it from the beginning. Actually the same campaign as my previous post
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 04:28:30 AM by hostergaard »

Online Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #266 on: May 19, 2020, 04:35:50 AM »
Version 1.9.5

Might be an extension of the previous bug, but when lookin into the civilian shipping lines I found that some ships where hauling trade goods to automated mine colonies despite these having no demands for trade whatsoever.

Relevant default Info:

What you were doing at the time: Checking where civilian shipping lines where shipping goods
The window affected: Economics (Civilian Economy)
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Hard to say.

I experienced exactly the same issue, civilian contracts get confused sometimes when you set multiple contract in one locations and you want deliver it in different bodies in different system.
For example I had 100 mines as supply on Earth and 50 + 50 mines in two different bodies as demand on another system.
Civilian simply delivered 42 + 49 mines or other way around, other 9 mines were delivered on another body.
Then I was getting messages events thet civilian shipping lines could not load mines on Earth.

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #267 on: May 19, 2020, 08:51:55 AM »
1.9.5, possibly more a feature request than a bug.

Regarding Populations and academies - in VB6 it was possible to have People from different planets go to the same academy, for example a Titan Born Person could graduate at Earth academy and vice versa - and also the planets without academies sent their populace to the academies for graduation. In C# this seems to be hardlocked to "Earth Born - Earth academy" or "Luna born- Luna academy" and the planets without academies are not getting any graduates at all. Would be nice to see the VB6 behaviour again for that extra smidge of RP.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #268 on: May 19, 2020, 09:39:41 AM »
Something strange about alien contact reporting.

On Jan 24 2048, my event log indicated new alien contacts (for two ships) in Catapult system.
I manually intervened to turn off auto turns (sidenote: I would think a new alien contact event would interrupt auto turns. Bug or WAI?).
Autoturns stopped on Jan 26 2048.
At that time, I no longer have active contacts for the ships.
Instead, I have lost contacts, which are more than 1 day and less than 1 month old.
If I double click the event log report of the new contact, it centers the tactical map in the Catapult system, very near the JP to Carbine system, within the thermal sensor range of my scout ship sitting on the JP.
This makes sense. The alien ships may have been approaching the JP in Catapult when they were spotted, or they may have squad-transited from Carbine.
The odd thing is the location of the lost contacts--they are in Carbine, not Catapult. And they are a LOONNNNGGGG way from anything, including anywhere I could possibly have seen them.
In fact: the lost contacts seem to be in the exact same position relative to the center of the Carbine system that they were in relative to the center of the Catapult system when they were scanned.
That is to say, about 4.00b km SW of the center (bearing 236).

My theory:
The alien fleet squad-transited from Carbine to Catapult.
I immediately spotted them in Catapult.
Within the next sub-pulse, they moved out of my scanner range, and the contact became a lost contact.
When a new contact occurs in the sub-pulse in which a fleet transits a JP and the contact is lost in the very next sub-pulse, the code that records (and/or renders) lost contacts correctly records the bearing and distance of the contact, but incorrectly records the system. It uses the system that the fleet was in prior to transit, rather than the system that the contact occurred in.

Attached are two dbs.
One is the current (Jan 26 2048) save, the other is the previous save.
I don't know exactly how far back the previous one goes, but it is not very far. Maybe a year? I strongly suspect that it is recent enough that the bug can be reproduced by running time forward. I don't think any orders I've submitted in the interim would have affected the movements of this alien fleet. (I don't have time at the present to try this myself.)
I was using 1-day increments for auto-turns, if that matters.

UPDATE: I got an error when trying to attach both dbs. I will attach one here and then the other one immediately after.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 09:42:25 AM by skoormit »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #269 on: May 19, 2020, 09:41:25 AM »
UPDATE: I got an error when trying to attach both dbs. I will attach one here and then the other one immediately after.

Here is the other one.