Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 38430 times)

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #300 on: May 22, 2020, 12:36:32 PM »
Minor glitch in 1.9.5 Medal Management Window with player-controlled races >1, other standard questions n/a

With two player-controlled races that have separate medals, including some conditional medals, the Medal Conditions tab becomes confused: Regardless of which empire is in focus/opens the medal window, it always lists the conditional medals from Empire1 unless there is no Empire1 medal for a condition, but one exists in Empire2.

To reproduce: Create medals with partly overlapping conditions in a fresh game with 2 player races. Open Medal Conditions tab.

Offline Second Foundationer

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #301 on: May 22, 2020, 01:08:29 PM »
   The function number: 1884
   The complete error text: Unable to cast object of type 'ha' to type 'f4'

The window affected: Ground Forces Tab on Colony Window

What you were doing at the time: Trying to assign a medal to a colony (i. e.  to all of the ground forces present on the colony).

Conventional or TN start: TN

Random or Real Stars: Real

Is your decimal separator a comma?: No

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy to Reproduce

If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: ~50 Years

Note that I did the same thing recently on another planet and it worked fine.

Just mentioning in case it might be related: I'm quite sure that I encountered a list full of 'ha' entries once, I think it was in the Naval Organisation window. It appeared to be a refresh issue: As soon as I forced the window to refresh, the correct names were displayed. No errors. But if it actually uses 'ha' values and throws errors it could be more than just a display thing, or these could be two entirely separate issues.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #302 on: May 22, 2020, 05:42:22 PM »

What you were doing at the time: Trying to assign a medal to a colony (i. e.  to all of the ground forces present on the colony).

If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: ~50 Years

Just mentioning in case it might be related: I'm quite sure that I encountered a list full of 'ha' entries once, I think it was in the Naval Organisation window. It appeared to be a refresh issue: As soon as I forced the window to refresh, the correct names were displayed. No errors. But if it actually uses 'ha' values and throws errors it could be more than just a display thing, or these could be two entirely separate issues.
What you saw is a display issue.  Type codes in error messages are normal in this case.  I think 'f4' is a 32 bit float but I'm not sure what 'ha' is.

The following users thanked this post: Second Foundationer

Offline stabliser

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #303 on: May 22, 2020, 06:59:46 PM »
#2186 Attempted to divide by zero.

96 year old game, started in 1.9.3, now 1.9.5, dot not comma, TN start, random stars

I tried to build a ground unit on a colony that has 1.7 ground unit training facilities
...(or 2 ground unit training facilities if the civilian economy tab is to be believed - they hauled them to the colony - must've damaged one in transit and said nothing)
The error popped up immediately.
Every time I select that planet it pops up again. I save, shutdown and restart, it pops up when I select the planet, everytime without fail.

I've reverted back to a previous save and tried to build a ground unit at that planet... same error.

So there appears to be a problem with training ground units at facilities that were delivered in parts by the civs.  If the other 0.3 facilities turn up (bringing it up to 2.0) I'll try again.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 07:34:49 PM by stabliser »

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #304 on: May 23, 2020, 12:01:46 AM »
1.9.5.  No mods.

The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Economics, Environment tab
What you were doing at the time: Terraforming Mercury
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Easy

There are two related bugs involving hydrosphere on hot planets, such as Mercury:
Water vapour condenses to liquid despite being too hot.
The hydrosphere gets erased if terraformers are active on hot worlds.

I seem to recall seeing something about this before but can't find it.

How to reproduce:
Start a new Sol start game.
Put 50 terraformers on Mercury.  Ground or orbital doesn't matter as long as they work.
Use the formers or SM mode to add Water Vapour.  0.5 atm is fine.
Stop the formers.  This is important.
Advance a few 5 day increments.
Water will condense into hydrosphere.  This shouldn't happen because Mercury is too hot for liquid water, but it otherwise works normally.
Set the formers to add a gas such as Oxygen.  0.2 atm target is fine.
Advance 5 days.
Water Vapour will continue to disappear as if condensing, but the hydrosphere will be immediately set to 0.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 03:44:08 PM by Bughunter »

Offline ydirbut

• Petty Officer
  • y
« Reply #305 on: May 23, 2020, 12:16:30 AM »

Modify message
* AuroraDB.db (97794 kB - downloaded 0 times.)

Nevermind, I was hitting the formation medal button instead of the Hierarchy Medal :P

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #306 on: May 23, 2020, 01:10:07 AM »
1.9.5.  No mods.

The function number: 2238
The complete error text: Value was either too large or to too small for a Decimal.
The window affected: Economics, Summary tab.
What you were doing at the time: Terraforming Venus in SM Mode.
Is your decimal separator a comma?: '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Trivial

This error happens on the Summary tab if the population becomes negative.  Setting a population to a negative value with 'SM: Edit Pop' will trigger it directly.  Setting it back to 0 fixes it.

While terraforming in SM mode I discovered that if a planet's Annual Growth Rate becomes sufficiently bad then it is possible for the population to become negative.  What is 'sufficiently bad' depends on the Increment Length.  For a 30 day increment the minimum malus is around -1400%, which can be achieved with 220 atm pressure.  For a 5 day increment the threshold is around -7400%, which occurs at around 1200 atm.

While the methods used above readily fall under "don't do that", anything that could cause a severe enough growth rate malus will trigger this condition.

Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 03:52:53 PM by Bughunter »

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #307 on: May 23, 2020, 04:28:14 AM »
Reporting again , in case missed 1st time

When scrapping a ship - say Military - the drop-down class box gives me a list of all the Military ship classes that have ever been designed , even designs that have long since been obsoleted and all ships scrapped. This is making the drop-down box unwieldy to view.

The same goes for the Commercial vessel scrap drop-down box.

DavidR

You can delete classes from the class design window and they won't show up any more. But yes, possibly a bug so will report.

Offline Demakustus

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #308 on: May 23, 2020, 05:27:03 AM »
If you setup auto-refit task in a shipyard, it will still be going when you retool that shipyard to a totally different class.

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #309 on: May 23, 2020, 06:57:14 AM »
I was researching Active Grav Sensor Strength 16, with Thermal Sensor Sensitivity 11 and EM Sensor Sensitivity 11 queued up after that one.   I picked up an enemy life pod and got the "successful espionage" message about acquiring technical details for Active Grav Sensor Strength 16, which finished.

Now, when I go to the research screen, I get an error popup and cannot find any EM/Thermal sensor sensitivty techs.  This seems to block me from progressing further than sensitivity 8.

Here is my database after the issue, i. e.  when the EM/Thermal sensitivity techs can't be found: https://drive. google. com/file/d/16NKGcBlQUj3BqgJ-nWHWXjf2DzMAUZ7j/view?usp=sharing
Here is the last save before the issue happened, although that's several hours of playtime earlier: https://drive. google. com/file/d/12iSRvopichWx6DEbcaL3EnWUYSuN0eRo/view?usp=sharing

The function number

The complete error text
1. 9. 5 Function #2169: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The window affected
Research window

What you were doing at the time
Picking up enemy surviors

Conventional or TN start
Conventional

Random or Real Stars
Real Stars

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
Easy to reproduce: open the research screen in my save
One-off: Guess I had to be unlucky to get the tech with queued techs from rescuing a life pod?

Cannot reproduce. Game loads fine for me with the after save and I can start research of EM/Thermal sensitivity 11.

Offline Steelpoint

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #310 on: May 23, 2020, 08:55:16 AM »
The window affected: N/A

What you were doing at the time: I constructed a over 1 million ton mining station via my industry that has attached 50,000 tons of cargo space and a cargo shuttle bay, upon its construction the mining station was automatically assigned to a civilian freighter, the freighter in question had no tractor beam system and yet it was successfully transporting my mining station away from Earth.

Upon detaching it from the civilian ship and tugging it back to Earth, I noticed it had 20 units of Industry loaded, I tried to unload the industry and load a single mass driver, yet I continually return a 'pickup order failed', and it will not unload the industry.

I saved my game and created a second mining station, the second station did not attach to a civilian ship, and was able to load/unload ground buildings without issue.

Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: It appears to be a one off.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Campaign is 91 years in.

Offline Demakustus

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #311 on: May 23, 2020, 11:26:39 AM »
I've conquered a neutral race I've created in my starting system, now the civilians are trying to ferry the neutral colonists from the conquered colony to other colonies in the same system, spamming me with events that neutral colonists cannot be unloaded in the same system.

This might not be game breaking, but it basically interrupts the game all the time.

EDIT: I'll attach the DB, it'll be easier to test that way.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 02:54:42 AM by Demakustus »

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #312 on: May 23, 2020, 11:05:12 PM »
1.9.5.  No mods.
The window affected: Tactical Map
What you were doing at the time: Interacting with fleets.
Conventional or TN start: N/A
Random or Real Stars: N/A
Is your decimal separator a comma? '.'
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Trivial.

When right-clicking the tactical map, if no object is at that location then the last popup menu to be displayed is used.  To reproduce, simply right click any object and then right click any empty area or on any control.

Note:  I'm also getting rare random segfaults when right clicking which are likely Wine's fault, so I'm not completely certain if the menu glitch is Aurora or not.

Offline JyeGuru

• Leading Rate
« Reply #313 on: May 24, 2020, 01:17:04 AM »
Quote from: SpikeTheHobbitMage link=topic=11298.  msg134676#msg134676 date=1590293112
When right-clicking the tactical map, if no object is at that location then the last popup menu to be displayed is used.    To reproduce, simply right click any object and then right click any empty area or on any control. 

Note:  I'm also getting rare random segfaults when right clicking which are likely Wine's fault, so I'm not completely certain if the menu glitch is Aurora or not. 
Definitely not a Wine thing - can confirm this happens on Windows 10.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Raumschiffo

• Leading Rate
  • R
« Reply #314 on: May 24, 2020, 07:10:04 AM »
Cannot scrap captured civilian shipping line ships.

I have captured some civilian ships during combat and moved them to a commercial shipyard which is big enough, but I cannot scrap them.  Their class appears in the class dropdown but the ship name dropdown list is empty. 
In the shiplist their status is F (like all civilian ships).  In the class design and naval organization windows the ships are not affected by the "Show Civilians" flags.

Added to existing report on same bug
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 09:31:50 AM by Bughunter »