Author Topic: Quickly unassigning ships >500 tons  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Tripwire (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
Quickly unassigning ships >500 tons
« on: November 07, 2014, 11:47:43 AM »
I just started playing Aurora again and have run into some issues when deploying defense satellites at jump points.   

I've had to settle for satellites smaller than 500 (currently all at about 250) tons, as that allows me to quickly assign them to a Minelayer (Mothership) through the fighters screen, drop them off at the jump point and unassign them before hauling the next batch.   

Ideally I'd like to use designs in the 750 ton range, but when I tried that I had to manually unassign them 1-by-1 on the ships screen, which is an issue when there's a lot of ships.    I did manage to assign them through the naval organization tab (by playing around with the "Store branches" and "Assign MS" buttons), but I didn't find a way to unassign them quickly, so I had to resort to do it manually, which was the reason why I had to revert to 250 ton designs.    Did I miss something?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:59:27 AM by Tripwire »

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
Re: Quickly unassigning ships >500 tons
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 11:48:49 PM »
If you put them in a task group, I believe there's an oorder for "Land on selected ship (+assign)" or similar. Doesn't help with unassigning, though, if that's important.