Author Topic: Flight Crew question  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Bryan Swartz (OP)

• Captain
  • B
Flight Crew question
« on: November 14, 2014, 12:56:25 AM »
I would much appreciate it if I could be prevented from doing something mindnumbingly stupid, by way of some information :).  For the record, I am on version 6.2. 

I'm working on designing my first carrier.  I notice the 'Flight Crew' entry when I add Hangar Decks to it.  I remember reading some posts about flight crew a long time ago, but don't remember the details and can't find them.  So ...

I know I can add crew quarters and have the 'Keep Excess Q' box checked to add space for the flight crew.  The question is, what effect exactly do they have?  Do I need X number per hangar deck, or how does all of that work?

Thanks in advance

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
Re: Flight Crew question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 03:26:13 AM »
I am guessing you are referring to "Flight Crew Berths", if that is so then these are simply the quarters for you fighter pilots etc. Any ships that use this vessel as a mothership will need quarters on the base for their ship crew. I think they can also serve as emergency quarters for rescue operations, so if you have a carrier with no docked ships you can pick up life pods and the occupants will use the pilots quarters.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 07:12:11 AM »
To clarify, add up the total crew of all your fighters then put that many additional berths into the carrier.
You may want a slight excess over this in case you use different fighter classes in the future which have higher crew requirements.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Bryan Swartz (OP)

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 02:44:17 PM »
Makes sense, thanks