Author Topic: one crew gaining TF training slower than the rest?  (Read 1964 times)

Offline CharonJr (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • C
one crew gaining TF training slower than the rest?
« on: April 04, 2015, 06:25:01 PM »
I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but I noticed that one crew in a taskforce currently undergoing TF training is only gaining 50% of the TF xp the other crews ars gaining. All crews are of the same quality and the CO is actually one of my best trainers.

Actually the CO is the S.O. of the taskforce as well, could this be the reason for the slower gain? But this seems unlikely since another taskforce undergoing training shows no major differences in xp gained among its crews.

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
Re: one crew gaining TF training slower than the rest?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 12:21:36 AM »
The first thing to check is the chain of command: is the CO of the task group/ship in question of equal or higher rank than the commander of their Task Force (i. e.  'Fleet Headquarters', or whatever you've called it)? Otherwise, nothing springs to mind.

Offline CharonJr (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 05:14:36 PM »
The commanding officer was actually my highest ranking (most senior) officer. I have placed him as new overall system commander at HQ and placed the former HQ commander as the new ship CO, lets see if this makes any difference, but it would be a bit strange if it did.

Offline CharonJr (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 06:09:40 PM »
Nope, at least after 1.5 month the crew is still lagging behind as before.

Offline dgibso29

• Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 07:05:17 PM »
I'm not sure if the training penalty is 50%, but is it possible that vessel has a conscript crew? If believe the game automatically conscripts the needed crewmen when your crew pool hits 0.

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 01:09:59 AM »
Quote from: Admiral666 link=topic=7776. msg79213#msg79213 date=1428537917
I'm not sure if the training penalty is 50%, but is it possible that vessel has a conscript crew? If believe the game automatically conscripts the needed crewmen when your crew pool hits 0.
That should only affect their starting point, not their rate of increase. And would be crew grade, not TF Training, in any case.