Author Topic: Getting a jump point to a particular system (possible spoilers)  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Beaker (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • B
In my current game, the Invaders have found their way to a system that is not connected to any other existing system.  I would like to connect with that system.  In the system summary screen it is system 24, and I have most of the systems with similar numbers already explored.  (I tried to post a picture of the system summary screen here, but the board won't let me?)
Any suggestions on how to maximize my chances of getting there?  Tweaks to Local System Gen Chance and Spread?  Other strategies?  I'm not above manually changing things with SM, if that's possible. I have "known star systems" turned on.  Thanks for any help.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Getting a jump point to a particular system (possible spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 10:14:57 AM »
You can manually change what system a jump point links to with sm mode. I'm currently without PC so can't tell you exactly where the option is, it's somewhere on the system window where you explore new jump points.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Beaker (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • B
Re: Getting a jump point to a particular system (possible spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 01:05:32 PM »
Thanks for the heads up MarcAFK, I found it in the system generation screen under the jump points tab.