Author Topic: Ship`s Captain: Production Bonus?  (Read 2848 times)

Offline blue emu (OP)

• Commander
  • b
Ship`s Captain: Production Bonus?
« on: November 10, 2011, 05:26:26 PM »
For Naval Officers (ie: Ship's Captains), is the Production Bonus skill used for anything besides building Jump Gates?

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: Ship`s Captain: Production Bonus?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:20:30 PM »
Pretty sure just jumpgates.  Look forward to Standard Template Constructors in the distant newtonian future

Offline Owen Quillion

• Chief Petty Officer
  • O
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 01:03:03 AM »
It also applies to your salvagers, according to the wiki and guesswork based on what officers got auto-assigned to my salvagers. 

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 08:57:13 AM »
It also affects mining ships and fuel harvesters

Steve

Offline Goron

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 09:23:42 AM »
Mining bonus AND construction count for mining?!?!
Does the construction bonus hold the same weight as the mining bonus? if so I need to re-examine my asteroid miner assignments!

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 09:28:59 AM »
Mining bonus AND construction count for mining?!?!
Does the construction bonus hold the same weight as the mining bonus? if so I need to re-examine my asteroid miner assignments!

Oops! My mistake. Mining bonus affects mining ships - production bonus affects fuel harvesters.

Steve

Offline Owen Quillion

• Chief Petty Officer
  • O
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 10:00:42 AM »
Are you positive that it applies to fuel harvesters? I've heard that, but according to the wiki mining bonus affects sorium harvesting.  Automated assignments also placed an officer with a 25% mining bonus on a fuel harvester in preference to an officer with 30% factory production bonus.  There seems to be evidence both ways, but the auto assignments at least vouches for mining bonus. 

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 04:52:32 AM »
Are you positive that it applies to fuel harvesters? I've heard that, but according to the wiki mining bonus affects sorium harvesting.  Automated assignments also placed an officer with a 25% mining bonus on a fuel harvester in preference to an officer with 30% factory production bonus.  There seems to be evidence both ways, but the auto assignments at least vouches for mining bonus. 

LOL I really should know more about this game. Spending all my time coding or learning physics at the moment rather than playing. I checked the code and the only ship types that using the production bonus are jump gate construction ships and salvage ships

Steve

Offline blue emu (OP)

• Commander
  • b
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 05:15:16 PM »
In my experience, you can no longer build jump gates after your ship's captain reaches +100% production bonus... you need to replace him with a less-skilled officer in order to proceed.

Reported as a bug.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 09:00:56 AM »
In my experience, you can no longer build jump gates after your ship's captain reaches +100% production bonus... you need to replace him with a less-skilled officer in order to proceed.

Reported as a bug.

Fixed for v5.55. Also fixed the bug that the production bonus can get that high :). Bonuses are supposed to be restricted to 65%.

Steve

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 09:35:20 AM »
Are you sure it's capped at 65% and not 60%? My survey team officers who are the ones I normally see get their bonuses that high seem to cap themselves at 60%, at least I've never seen them gain anything above that and as they normally gain 1% per find I would have thought I would have seen them do so in the 100 or so finds they made past that point.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 09:48:41 AM »
Are you sure it's capped at 65% and not 60%? My survey team officers who are the ones I normally see get their bonuses that high seem to cap themselves at 60%, at least I've never seen them gain anything above that and as they normally gain 1% per find I would have thought I would have seen them do so in the 100 or so finds they made past that point.

Some are 60%, some are 65% and some may be either. For example a scientist on 55% can get either a 10% or 5% boost. Either way, he won't receive any more.

Steve