Author Topic: Post 6  (Read 1944 times)

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Post 6
« on: August 18, 2011, 02:34:36 AM »
SAKIKO

Sakiko leaned back into her chair, staring out her office window. Darkness shrouded the city skyline, with small specks of light the only identifier the city was there. Her thoughts were contemplating how to tactical outmanoeuvre her opponent. She looked back towards the phonevid screen “Minister Tako, how am I suppose to protect your geo survey ships, when I don’t even have enough ships to defend a small portion of explored space.” The minister was a fat pompous pig of a man, whose only interest was money making, to pay off his many mistresses. This was an example of the many thoughts boiling in Sakiko brain as she tried to control her anger.

“My dear Kaigun Shosho, my reports say that we have found a whole lot of nothing out there, we have not even found a system capable of colonisation. Well without needing major infrastructure being shipped and assembled.” the minister calmly replied and then smiled at the end. Sakiko boiled inside, 'my dear' who is he calling 'my dear', these tired old men are driving us into the ground. She controlled her breathing to control her anger. “Minister these defence cuts, for your geological survey ships, will cripple our ability to produce new warships. Our fleet is no larger in strength than the day we lost contact with earth. The new ships which have since been built 90% are non-combatants.” Sakiko made sure her tone was not threatening in her delivery thus far but she needed to raise it up a notch. “If these cuts are made, then we will need to slow down our search for Earth”. The minister looked non-plus as if Earth was now a  trivial thing “ Do what you must Kaigun Shosho, my phone call was not to argue the point, but to inform you what has already come to pass. The Prime Minister was very specific in these budget cuts. He believes if we are ever to find Earth, it will not be a quick venture and our internal industry need strengthen. I must go now Kaigun, do the best you can” he did not allow Sakiko to respond and the screen went static.

“KONO YAROU” Sakiko shouted the expletive as the screen faded. She was so angry, at these bureaucrats, who influenced her domain. Sakiko was so naïve when she took command of the fleet, naive that she was in control. Government officials saturated the fleet with red tape, never once considering what was best for the fleet, only interested in their own personal politics.

Sakiko now pitied the Fleet commanders of the past, she had never known the role was like this. She now aware the crazy fleet decisions either did not come from them directly or they were given a choice of the lesser of two evils. A deep sigh came over her as she sunk back deeper into the chair, a deep soak and massage sounded ideal right now. Her fingers mimicked her thoughts, working their way into the back of her neck.
The intercom buzzed, transporting her thoughts back to reality “Mr Kaima Teijo, is here to see you Kaigun Shosho”. “Oh frag” she thought quickly looking at her watch. Sakiko had completely forgotten her dinner date. She quickly depressed the intercom button and told her assistant she would be out shortly.

Sakiko quickly pulled out her compact mirror and ran her fingers through her hair. Although she knew it was useless to turn this train wreck into some runway chic hairstyle. She had been dating Mr Kaima Teijo a little over two months now, and she could not be happier. They had met at a defense contractors conference and she took and instant liking to him. He was intelligent, tall, lean and very handsome. An added bonus he was the owner of Hideyoshi Shipping Limited, once of the primary shipping contractor to the government, plus the company has various stakes in the mining colonies now set up on the moon near New Osaka.

Here she was, the leader of New Osaka's most powerful military force acting like a school girl for a man. She noted a thought, without him the depressing day she just had would have continued, now it was just a fleeting memory. She rose and brushed at her fleet uniform, slipped on her jacket and headed for the door. She turned and reviewed her office, she had lost todays battle but tomorrow is another day. Opening the door she viewed her man and had a sneaky thought that perhaps she will get that soak and massage after all. Sakiko smirked to herself.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 08:30:34 PM by ardem »