Author Topic: Spacwmaster mode  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Daveion (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
Spacwmaster mode
« on: November 03, 2012, 02:28:16 PM »
I have just one problem, mainly I appear to have run out of Corundian and Boronide and will also run out of Duranium in less than two years :(

I am enjoying the game I am in and do not wish to start over so I read the WIKI about SpaceMaster mode and it says I can add minerals to planets. . .

"
System View

The system view screen is the screen that shows all the information on any body in any system you want.  It is normally defaulted to the system you are currently in.  All the SM buttons are down in the lower right.

- HW Minerals: Can be used to guarantee all minerals with decent accessibility on the selected planet, similar to when you start a new game on Earth.  Good to use right before creating an empire.

- All Minerals: Runs the random generation for minerals on all bodies in the system again replacing what was on the bodies before.

- Specify Minerals: Lets you manually place minerals and accessibility on the selected planet.  Currently (v5. 20) however, there is a bug that results in all areas being blank.  However, you can still change minerals; it just doesn't display the current status of the planet.

"end qoute.

I can see no SM options anywere on the system screen? has this been removed or simply placed somewhere new since the WIKI was written.

Am running at resolution of 1600x1200 so I am guessing I should see everything on screen.

I just need some minerals to advance :(

o7

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Spacwmaster mode
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 02:30:41 PM »
Spacemaster mode is entered from the main bar. Or the really easy shortcut of Ctrl-S. If you did not enter a password on game setup, click Ok or hit enter. You'll need to close/open any windows open to reflect the SM mode being on.

Offline Daveion (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 02:36:48 PM »
Yes sorry, I knew that part and have used SM many times successfully in the past week, but I can see nothing on the system map, the WIki says there should be SM buttons down the bottom right hand side of the system map, but there are none that I can see?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 04:05:57 PM »
Yes sorry, I knew that part and have used SM many times successfully in the past week, but I can see nothing on the system map, the WIki says there should be SM buttons down the bottom right hand side of the system map, but there are none that I can see?

The buttons are not explicity labeled as SM buttons, rather they only appear if you have SM mode enabled. And the buttons you are looking for are on the System Display (F9) not the System Map :)

Offline Daveion (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 04:45:20 PM »
Frustrating this is.

Error 53 was generated by Aurora
file not found:'Planetjpeg\a11. jpg'

tells me that twice and then says

Run-time error '53' file not found planetjpg.

Odd though because I was in the F9 screen earlier today with no issue, but still could not see and keys at the bottom right of the screen.  the only keys I could see are at the top and left side of the screen and I could not see a way to add minerals to the Earth with these buttons.

I'll reload my PC and take another look, hopefully by the time it has reloaded things will have changed.

ps, Eric do you live on your Laptop?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 04:49:06 PM »
Frustrating this is.

Error 53 was generated by Aurora
file not found:'Planetjpeg\a11. jpg'

tells me that twice and then says

Run-time error '53' file not found planetjpg.

Odd though because I was in the F9 screen earlier today with no issue, but still could not see and keys at the bottom right of the screen.  the only keys I could see are at the top and left side of the screen and I could not see a way to add minerals to the Earth with these buttons.

I'll reload my PC and take another look, hopefully by the time it has reloaded things will have changed.

ps, Eric do you live on your Laptop?

My laptop is in its bag. This is my desktop. And since I am either streaming music and speaking, or writing; yes :)

Copy one of the other a* files and rename it a11.jpg. Do the same with a b* file and name it b20.jpg.

Offline Daveion (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
Re: Spacemaster mode
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 05:07:30 PM »
Now WOW !

This is not the screen that I thought would come up, this is awesome.

btw I used a little initiative and labelled them without the the jpg suffix as none of the other images had a jpg suffix.

Thank you so much Eric.

o7

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
Re: Spacemaster mode
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 05:15:01 PM »
Now WOW !

This is not the screen that I thought would come up, this is awesome.

btw I used a little initiative and labelled them without the the jpg suffix as none of the other images had a jpg suffix.

Thank you so much Eric.

o7

You have extensions hidden, so it's all good.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 08:39:02 AM »
My laptop is in its bag. This is my desktop. And since I am either streaming music and speaking, or writing; yes :)

Copy one of the other a* files and rename it a11.jpg. Do the same with a b* file and name it b20.jpg.

The v6.10 patch has these missing graphic files.

Steve