Author Topic: Too many civilian ships  (Read 2068 times)

Offline andrea69 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Too many civilian ships
« on: July 31, 2013, 05:42:53 PM »
I think something is wrong with one of the shipping lines. It continues to produce ships at incredible rate, almost one every 5 days. I think this started more or less after I finished terraforming the moon, but cannot be sure. Now I have almost 600 civilian ships, and they continue to increase. They also generate huge amounts of money, so much that money will never be a problem for me. Did anybody experience the same problem?

Offline Jikor

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: Too many civilian ships
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 09:33:52 AM »
Did you subsidize the line a lot?

Offline Whitecold

• Commander
  • W
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:28:09 AM »
Did you subsidize the line a lot?

For Earth-Luna you don't need subsidies, the route is so quick they make an awful lot of trips, each time generating revenue, leading to unreasonable amounts of cash which they reinvest.

Offline andrea69 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 01:47:00 PM »
And there is no solution or workaround for this?

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 05:27:04 AM »
Well, you can buld a couple of tugs, tractor the civillian ships, so they become yours and then scrap them.

Or, if you have a neutral NPR in 4 jumps range, you can set up a colony in their system, put some infrastructure there and shut all other infrastructure runs down (declare all other colonies either stable or source) and hope that the NPR takes care of your problem and at the same time give you a good reason to go to war.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline joeclark77

• Commander
  • j
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 09:43:11 AM »
I have heard of others reporting this, but it doesn't happen for me.  My shipping companies have so many ships and make so many Luna runs that they have enough cash to launch a new ship immediately after they launch the previous one.  Still, they do not launch ships at the 5-day intervals (my usual game play increment), instead launching one maybe every month.

Perhaps the best solution is just to make them invisible, or turn off the notifications?

Offline andrea69 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 03:22:34 PM »
Perhaps the best solution is just to make them invisible, or turn off the notifications?

The problem is not the notification, they are slowing the game down. Still playable, but I'm afraid if they continue with this rate, sooner or later I'll need to stop the campaign.
The solution of Hawkeye instead would be perfect for a #### Empire, unfortunately I'm playing as a peaceful democratic federation. Treat the civilian ships like lemmings would be unacceptable  ;D

Offline Alfapiomega

• Lt. Commander
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 03:59:56 AM »
The problem is not the notification, they are slowing the game down. Still playable, but I'm afraid if they continue with this rate, sooner or later I'll need to stop the campaign.
The solution of Hawkeye instead would be perfect for a #### Empire, unfortunately I'm playing as a peaceful democratic federation. Treat the civilian ships like lemmings would be hilarious ;D

Fixed that for ya'.
"Everything is possible until you make a choice. "

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 11:35:21 PM »
Run 1 month intervals, that should slow them down.