Author Topic: Fighter Recycling  (Read 1120 times)

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Fighter Recycling
« on: February 22, 2011, 01:28:12 PM »
For the first time in a while, I'm playing a game that has remained stable long enough for me to start changing the composition of my carrier wings.  What I can't remeber is the best way to deal with the old fighters that I want to take out of service.  I seem to recall that I need to destroy the ships individually from the F6 screen.  If I use this option do I need to remove the commanders from command first?  Or can I just pick up their llifepods afterwards?
Welchbloke

Offline Karlito

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
Re: Fighter Recycling
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 06:53:08 PM »
If you're using the latest version, I'm pretty sure you can scrap them from the stockpile screen just as you would missiles and ship components.  I don't think it's instantaneous, and it'll use your fighter factories, but you'll get some resources back

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Re: Fighter Recycling
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 12:53:06 AM »
Thanks; however, I'm using 5.2 and scrapping is not in that version.  In the end I saved the DB and played around with a few options.  It appears that destroying fighters doesn't update the leader entry correctly, as you end up with the leader unassigned but the F4 screen doesn't grey their entries like other unassigned leaders.  Also, the system is shown as unknown rather than where the fighter was destroyed. 
Welchbloke