Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 69297 times)

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #375 on: January 17, 2021, 09:14:19 AM »
I'm experiencing a slowdown of the game.  For the last 2 months+ my game has been refusing too run increments above 6hrs.  30 days->6hrs, 5 days->2hrs, 1 day->30min, and so on.

People have on reddit have suggested that it's NPRs chasing each other over JPs and the only thing I can do is let the game run until it disappears.  Is there a garantie that it disappears? I've had it running on automated turns now for 2+ months, switching between 5sec and 5 day increments with no change.
There is no guarantee. However, you can double check that this is happening and (possibly) do something about it.

Get a SQL database browser and open the .db file. Check out the FCT_GameLog table (filter for the GameID of the game you are currently playing; it's usually fairly easy to figure that out by looking at the names of the races involved). This is the regular old event logs you get in game, but it ALSO includes NPR events. Should help you discern the cause.

If it really is NPRs chasing each other through a JP, you need to get rid of one of the fleets. You can do it via DB editing, but I prefer to do it by creating a race and using spacemaster to explore to the relevant system. Then I spawn in a giant pile of lasers and blow up the offender. This avoids any weirdness from editing the DB.

The following users thanked this post: brevduva

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #376 on: January 17, 2021, 11:56:16 AM »
I'm experiencing a slowdown of the game.  For the last 2 months+ my game has been refusing too run increments above 6hrs.  30 days->6hrs, 5 days->2hrs, 1 day->30min, and so on.

People have on reddit have suggested that it's NPRs chasing each other over JPs and the only thing I can do is let the game run until it disappears.  Is there a garantie that it disappears? I've had it running on automated turns now for 2+ months, switching between 5sec and 5 day increments with no change.
There is no guarantee. However, you can double check that this is happening and (possibly) do something about it.

Get a SQL database browser and open the .db file. Check out the FCT_GameLog table (filter for the GameID of the game you are currently playing; it's usually fairly easy to figure that out by looking at the names of the races involved). This is the regular old event logs you get in game, but it ALSO includes NPR events. Should help you discern the cause.

If it really is NPRs chasing each other through a JP, you need to get rid of one of the fleets. You can do it via DB editing, but I prefer to do it by creating a race and using spacemaster to explore to the relevant system. Then I spawn in a giant pile of lasers and blow up the offender. This avoids any weirdness from editing the DB.

I usually just take the offending fleet and change its XY position in space. It's possible that this does something to mess up the AI, but I don't think it should (and now I've jinxed it...), and it's an easy quick fix from the DB without appreciably unsettling the NPR vs NPR balance.

The following users thanked this post: brevduva

Offline RaDeus

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
« Reply #377 on: January 17, 2021, 12:33:42 PM »
Well I'd like to report my very first bug: Cargo Shuttle Bay disappeared from my list of components and as expected I was quite baffled by this.

After some troubleshooting (restarting the game, deleting the tech and insta-ing it back) I found out the reason: I had apparently marked the tech as obsolete so it didn't show up unless I ticked the show obsolete box.

This is clearly (my) user-error, but some techs just shouldn't be possible to mark as obsolete because they don't really change (I know it gets upgraded, but that doesn't change its name, its all in the background), like bridge and cargo shuttle bay.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #378 on: January 17, 2021, 12:35:22 PM »
Well I'd like to report my very first bug: Cargo Shuttle Bay disappeared from my list of components and as expected I was quite baffled by this.

After some troubleshooting (restarting the game, deleting the tech and insta-ing it back) I found out the reason: I had apparently marked the tech as obsolete so it didn't show up unless I ticked the show obsolete box.

This is clearly (my) user-error, but some techs just shouldn't be possible to mark as obsolete because they don't really change (I know it gets upgraded, but that doesn't change its name, its all in the background), like bridge and cargo shuttle bay.

This is fixed in 1.13.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #379 on: January 18, 2021, 12:56:05 PM »
Haven't found anything about this already being fixed:

In the F3 commander window, you can't filter ground commanders for their tactical bonus.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #380 on: January 18, 2021, 01:27:22 PM »

In the F3 commander window, you can't filter ground commanders for their tactical bonus.

I think you found a bug but not the bug you think you found.
I'm pretty certain ground commanders should not be getting tactical skills - it's not useful for them

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
« Reply #381 on: January 18, 2021, 01:28:07 PM »

I think you found a bug but not the bug you think you found.
I'm pretty certain ground commanders should not be getting tactical skills - it's not useful for them
Tactical bonus is for STO units.

The following users thanked this post: Droll

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #382 on: January 18, 2021, 02:55:55 PM »
When building a ship with only box launchers of let's say size 10 and equip them with missiles size 8 you can load more missiles than the number of box launchers because the magazine is calculated from the size of the box launchers. Maybe adding a check if no additional magazine is included in a ship with only box launchers the number of box launchers limits the number of missiles that can be loaded... .

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #383 on: January 18, 2021, 03:48:32 PM »
Serious bug when shooting at tugged ships:

Tugged ships always count as moving at light speed, making them very hard to hit. Tugged ships show as having an engine status of 300 000% (or more) in their ship view. They probably should be using their task group speed to determine hit chances. Shooting the tugging ship seems to work as expected.

Reproduced DB attached, I only tested using beam weapons, not missiles.

Offline alex_g

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #384 on: January 20, 2021, 02:00:00 AM »
The game seems to get stuck in an infinite loop if I try to Replace at Ordnance Transfer Hub with a certain fleet. I have allowed the game to go on for 2 real-time hours to process and the game is still stuck and I can't seem to find a way to make it respond.

If I instead issue Unload to Ordnance Transfer Hub + Load from Ordnance Transfer Hub everything is fine and it works. It's not a problem for me now that I've realized the issue, but I thought I should still report it.

It's weird because in the past I've definitely used the Replace command without any problems in this game.

The function number N/A
    The complete error text N/A
    The window affected N/A
    What you were doing at the time Replace at Ordnance Transfer Hub
    Conventional or TN start: Conventional
    Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
    Is your decimal separator a comma? No, it's a period
    Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? It happens 100% with the current DB
    If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - 177 years in
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 02:05:04 AM by alex_g »

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #385 on: January 20, 2021, 08:27:13 AM »
Unload all Ship components has a redundant "maximum amount" field.

The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Naval window/Movement Orders
What you were doing at the time: See steps to reproduce
Conventional or TN start: doesn't matter
Random or Real Stars: doesn't matter
Is your decimal separator a comma?: dot
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: always reproducible
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: doesn't matter

Steps to reproduce:
  • Design a freighter with cargo bays and send it to a colony with ship components in the stockpile.
  • Order the ship to "load ship component". Notice there is a "maximum amount" text field to control the amount of components loaded.
  • Select "unload all ship components" from the order list. The "maximum amount" text field will still be there and can be fed with values. However "Unload all ship components x99" behaves the same as "unload all ship components"
Expected behaviour:  Unload all ship components should behave in the same way as "Unload all installations" and "Unload all Minerals". With these orders, the textbox is hidden.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Rahkas Appear and Disappear a magic bug.
« Reply #386 on: January 21, 2021, 11:07:13 PM »
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Tactical Map/Ground Force window
What you were doing at the time: Landing Troops on an enemy world
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Is your decimal separator a comma?: dot
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Able to be reproduced with a save that still showed the ground forces appear
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - Somewhat long around 90 years in.

Steps to reproduce:
Load up the Database, go to the system NN 3193, on the second planet of the system there are ground force signatures these are rahkas, my fleet is overhead and if you check the ground forces window you can see a regiment of marines deployed, all you have to do is increment and the ground force signatures disappear. and this isnt a display  bug the rahkas are just gone completely.

Notes: I did manage to actually fight the rahkas one time and got decimated but when i reloaded to check if i could do anything wrong they had this behaviour which i explain above.

Database is having issues being uploaded will be found below when the forums work with it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 11:41:56 PM by SpaceMarine »

Offline nuklearwanze

• Leading Rate
  • n
« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2021, 03:21:10 AM »
since i conquered a world with aliens on them it seems i can no longer create new colonies.  when i click the create colony button a "select colony species" window opens and no matter what i click it wont create a new colony.  seems to me like a bug.

the whole "select colony species" window seems broken anyway.  there is a checkbox on there, that does nothing (or does it?).

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #388 on: January 23, 2021, 03:29:39 AM »
since i conquered a world with aliens on them it seems i can no longer create new colonies.  when i click the create colony button a "select colony species" window opens and no matter what i click it wont create a new colony.  seems to me like a bug.

the whole "select colony species" window seems broken anyway.  there is a checkbox on there, that does nothing (or does it?).

This bug is unfortunately with us for quite some time. You can still create colonies from System Generation and Display window. There is species selection in upper right corner of the window to select what species you want to colony to be and then just use Create Colony button.

The following users thanked this post: alex_g

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #389 on: January 23, 2021, 06:34:56 AM »
I am getting hit by repeated error message:

The function number: #346
The complete error text: For the Decimal type, the value was either too large or too small (translated from my language)
The window affected: shown on main screen
What you were doing at the time: I click on turn length button, doesn't matter if it is 5 Seconds or 1 Day. The error always shows up.
Conventional or TN start: TN start
Is your decimal separator a comma? Decimal separator is dot.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Happens every time with my database
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: arround 20 years

Edit: Commanders window is also affected, when I click between naval commanders error message also shows up. Ground commanders, scientists and administrators are not affected.

Edit 2: I loaded older database and found what caused the error. One of my ship finished repair and grade points got changed from 1605 to -369, It seems that ship have lost more crew that is the maximum and when it takes replacements, it will cause the issue, but deleting the ship removes the error. Also when I select the bugged ship on Naval Organization, in Ship Design Display is only one word: error.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 07:04:40 AM by Black »