Author Topic: Error 424  (Read 2287 times)

Offline ojo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • o
Error 424
« on: March 05, 2015, 05:08:12 AM »
Well i finaly got the game to work, after changing region, but after a few months (i push the 30 day timer) i get error 424: object required, whats the problem

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Error 424
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 05:53:49 AM »
The only reference I can find to that problem in the past was fixed by restarting the game... duh I'll do a deeper search of the interwebs.
It might be an intermittent problem. Try exiting the game, copying the folder, then restarting and generating a new game, if the problem suddenly doesn't happen then you've found a bug steve might want to have a look at. Keep the save and upload it?
It's been suggested to me that that error could occur if theres files missing from the installation, perhaps the race pictures or something, Check that all the folders are there, Alphabetically you should have these folders: Flags, Medals, Planetjpeg, Races, Ships, , then the following files Aurora.cab, Aurora.exe Down3D.bmp DownArrow/bmp, left3d.bmp, magnify.bmp, right3d.bmp, rightarrow.bmp, shipnames.txt, stevefire.ldb, stevefire.mdb, up3dbmp, uparrow.bmp, zoomin.bmp, and zoomout.bmp.
Flags should have about 392 flags in it named from  flag0000.JPG upto flag0391.jpg, medals should have M001.jpg to M066.jpg, planet jpeg should have 83 pictures in it (84 files if theres a thumbs.db) , races should have either from race001.bmp to race261.bmp or race 001.bmp to race270.bmp if you're using treebiters race pack, and ships should have 121 gifs.

Edit: ooooh, I found someone on the bay12 forums who had an error 424, a week later he got the MSSTDFMT.DLL error, they might be connected.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:17:51 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Error 424
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 08:39:28 AM »
Well i finaly got the game to work, after changing region, but after a few months (i push the 30 day timer) i get error 424: object required, whats the problem

The top of that box should say where the error occurs. That will help narrow it down.