Author Topic: Charter  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Detjen (OP)

• Lieutenant
Charter
« on: June 01, 2011, 09:17:27 PM »
Alright heres the charter that I refrence a few times but never actually put up.  this is a temporary spot ill get a couple boards put in for charter and laws, and another board for ministry once we know if we are gonna call it the ministry or department heads or something.

Offline Detjen (OP)

• Lieutenant
Re: Charter
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:17:38 PM »
CONSTITUION CHARTER of the Terran Federation  
The people of Earth, dissolve our dependence and allegiance to our various states, in order to ensure a more peaceful, establish a single common law and rights, and an equity share that all states can enjoy a prosperous existence.

Section I
1.   All legislative powers are granted to the planet title government, which will consist of a single body of people called the Senate.

2.   Two hundred representatives of the senate are elected by popular vote by the people every five years. Any person over the age of twenty one, and is a member of the race known as Race can be a representative to the senate. Representative cannot be elected, if they have been convicted of any serious felony or had been impeached from the senate. All senators must have on public record, their birth certificate which provided there actual identification and date of birth

3.   The president shall be elected by people in a popular vote every five years, the vote will be cast and a closing date announced.

4.   Ministers of the senate are selected by the president, when he forms government. These ministers hold this position for a period of five years. Ministers can only be removed through self determination (retirement, death) or via impeachment.

5.   Previous states exist only to provide local governance, allocate monies to small infrastructure projects and services, to enforce planetary law and provide for all people basic human rights, food, water, shelter and education.

Section II

1.   The executive power of the presidency is limited to the appointment of the ministries, conduct alien diplomacy and espionage, can propose a declaration of war but still requires a majority vote. The president can only serve for two terms consecutively or otherwise. The president still retains all the rights of a senator.

2.   The power of the ministries is limited to the appointment of staff in the their assigned ministry, the responsibilities and duties related to that ministry, and is not subject to any interference when running that ministry. A minister still retains all rights of a senator

3.   The power of the senator has the power to vote in a general election, the power to vote for amendment changes to the constitution charter, the power to vote for an impeachment, the power to ask questions in a senate sitting and require answers from the select senator.

Section III
1.   The senate shall have the power to lay and collect taxes, duties and excises, to pay the debts and provide security and the general welfare of planet title.

2.   To regulate commerce with any foreign

3.   To establish any rule of law deem appropriate for the security and well being of the people, which do not interfere with the standard rights of the individual

4.   To declare war, grant letter of reprisal, make rules concerning the conquering or capture

5.   To raise and support an Army

6.   To provide and maintain a Fleet

7.   To make rules and regulations for these armed forces

Section IV
1.   The ministry of infrastructure duties and responsibilities are
i.   Construction and planning of all facilities
ii.   Construction and planning of all ordnance
iii.   Construction and planning of all fighters
iv.   Construction and planning of all ships
v.   The management of financial funds
vi.     Overseeing the Terraforming of new worlds to human standards.

2.   The ministry of military duties and responsibilities are
i.   The policy of tactics and training
ii.   The arrangement of all designated military ground units and fleets
iii.   The planning and execution of all military operations.
iv.   The request and selection of ship design

3.   The ministry of survey duties and responsibilities are
i.   The policy of survey exploration
ii.   The planning and execution system exploration
iii.   The planning and execution mineral exploration
iv.   The arrangement of survey teams and fleets
v.   The request and selection of ship design

4.   The ministry of commerce duties and responsibilities are
i.   The policy and fund allocation to civilian fleets
ii.   The arrangement of all government controlled civilian hauling and colonization vessels
iii.   The request and selection of ship design

5.   The ministry of technology duties and responsibilities are
i.   Research and Development of technologies and components

Section IV
1.   Any elected senator can table a proposed change to the charter, the amendment must be tabled and open to debate for a period no less than 1 month (4 days), at which time a public formal vote is cast by the senators.

2.   The Senate, whenever one half of the senate shall deem it necessary, shall the proposed amendment to this charter be so written in

Section V
1.   Impeachment can be proposed by a single senator against other elected representative but must also be seconded by another senator, a blind vote is called from the people of the Terran Federation, and a vote by two thirds of the people must be obtained for impeachment and removal of office of the selected individual.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:16:23 PM by Detjen »

Offline Detjen (OP)

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 05:20:41 AM »
Update 1: changed Technology ministers roles to reflect the voted upon resolutions.   Changed Planet title to Terran Federation, pending potential government name change did it get them all?
Update 2: Fixed the mistake in terraforming actually having been voted to Infrastructure rather than tech, im getting my ministries a little cross wired. however there is still a bit of debate over the fact the vote was a split option rather than a simple yes no and a new vote may be reopened

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 06:54:12 PM »
I note that the power to assign research facilities has been given to the Technology Minister, rather than retained with the President as is described in Section II Paragraph 1 above, and request that the document be changed to reflect that fact.