Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 91075 times)

Offline rtsummer

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • r
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #690 on: May 24, 2022, 04:47:38 PM »
The Minerals screen stopped working in my current game.  It won't perform searches correctly.  It seems to ignore the first number when searching for a specific mineral.  For instance, if I enter . 5 in the first box and then 1. 0 in the second box and press the search button it will return only deposits with a value of 1. 0.  This happens whether I choose a specific system or all systems when performing the search

I don't know if this may have something to do with the number of systems that have been surveyed or explored.  In this game, I have 45 known systems and 33 surveyed in year 42.  To check this I loaded a previous much smaller game with 4 known systems and the mineral search worked correctly.

SJW: WAI - see next post.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 07:16:05 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #691 on: May 24, 2022, 08:24:00 PM »
The Minerals screen stopped working in my current game.  It won't perform searches correctly.  It seems to ignore the first number when searching for a specific mineral.  For instance, if I enter . 5 in the first box and then 1. 0 in the second box and press the search button it will return only deposits with a value of 1. 0.  This happens whether I choose a specific system or all systems when performing the search

Not a bug. The two search parameters for minerals are not a range; the first number is a minimum quantity, the second is a minimum accessibility. Neither value represents a maximum.

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #692 on: May 29, 2022, 09:51:29 PM »
I am seeing a STO hitting fighters AFTER those fighters go back and land on their mothership, despite being successfully docked. Upon being hit and taking damage, they are being detached from the fleet. For context, the carrier is inside the STO's range, so it should be a fair target, but fighters docked inside should not. This is happening repeatedly as I try to get the fighters to dock and then move the fighter away.

SJW: Fixed for v2.0
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 07:31:17 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #693 on: May 30, 2022, 11:14:02 AM »
Duplicate alien components excavated from ruins do not stack.

Some time ago, I excavated four Theta S40 / R300 Shields from a ruins site.
Recently from the same site I excavated another identical shield component.
The stockpiles list now has two entries for these shields--one for the first four, one for the recent one.

According to the class designer, the two components are entirely identical.

SJW: Fixed for v2.0. Only affects shield generators where max size tech is greater than 10
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 07:49:46 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline TheDrgnRbrn

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #694 on: June 02, 2022, 09:39:37 PM »
Infinite Range PD Bug

1.   13, no mods, no database edits.   

New-ish player, encountered while trying to setup area-defense FCs in combat.   

The Bug:
If you set a FC to area-defense mode for PD, then give it a target, it will fire at incoming enemy salvos but will actually hit the target you have designated.   

Setup

Fleet is about 2.   1m Km away from the enemy, told to stop moving.    Incoming missiles.    Note that my best range possible outside of missiles is 320k at this tech level

I tell all my ships to area defense with weapons that will be able to get at least one shot off inside the fire envelope before the missiles connect.    This bug works with all the longer range beam weapons as far as I can tell, in this example I only could make it happen with lasers because they were the only things that could hit the enemy missiles.    It might happen with railguns/other beam options, but I didn't have high enough tech to make it happen.   

Note: I originally had this bug because I was trying to figure out how to make area defense work.    Tried to give them a target because I was trying to close range with the enemy and wanted them to be ready to shoot the moment they crossed the fire line.    Woops.   

What happens is the ships fire area defense as normal, but instead of killing missiles it impacts on the ships/stations I have targeted instead, 2.   1m km away from the fleet.    It doesn't destroy the missiles either I think.   

You can see the energy impact on the salvo, but the event log shows the shots hitting the ships.   

This is the event log entries, just to confirm.   

Hope this is helpful, I can provide any other information as needed.   

EDIT: I am an idiot at using BBC and can't get images to link at the right places, I attached them instead, sorry. 

« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 08:10:39 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #695 on: June 04, 2022, 04:53:11 PM »
Let's call this one a bug. Relates to spoiler races, so spoilered below:

Rakhas ground formations lack logistics elements, so after 10 rounds of combat they will become only 25% as effective and thus pretty easy to defeat even with a force that shouldn't have any business doing so. This seems wrong, as Precursor formations have logistics elements and I see no flavor reason why Rakhas should not.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 08:34:32 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Vandermeer, lumporr

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #696 on: June 05, 2022, 09:34:59 AM »
Lost contact displays current distance, not distance when contact was lost.

I have a small sensor station parked on a jump point.
The station has only a Res1 active sensor with range 1.26mkm.
A hostile fleet arrived within range. A "New Hostile Contact" event was registered, as expected.
I advanced time in small increments as the fleet retreated from the jump point.
When the fleet passed out of sensor range, the displayed contact information had "[LOST]" appended.

With the map still centered on the jump point, I continued to advance time slowly.
The displayed contact distance continued to increase over time, apparently showing the distance from the jump point to the current location of the hostile fleet.
I would have expected the displayed distance to remain at 1.26mkm (the distance at which contact was lost).

« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 09:21:59 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
« Reply #697 on: June 12, 2022, 12:44:45 PM »
Losing the listing of hierarchy of troops: When I first landed the five units (a HQ, three infantry and one supply unit) and put them into the hierarchy, they displayed correctly. Now after a few rounds of combat, they are still fighting and still listed by qty of units if you click on the planet, but there's no list of divisions, so I can't set field positions.

Update: it appears that the HQ unit was killed (both HQ units died) and now all divisions under them "disappeared" from the hierarchy list, but are still fighting. Still a bug, but that might help trace it down. When I SM back in an HQ, that shows up in the hierarchy but the other units are still missing.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 12:48:46 PM by nakorkren »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #698 on: June 13, 2022, 12:15:30 PM »
If you disassemble a component that gives research points in a technology that you currently have an active research project for, the research points will not be deducted from the points remaining to complete the project.
If you then cancel the project, the displayed research cost of the technology will equal the original cost of the technology minus the research points received from disassembling the component.

Edit: Note that if you cancel the project and then disassemble the component, the points are correctly deducted from the points remaining for the technology.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 09:41:58 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
« Reply #699 on: June 16, 2022, 11:16:20 AM »
Not clear to me if this is a bug or working-as-intended:

When I jumped a fleet in-system and used the "Fleet Fire at Will" command, every single ship focused on shooting the enemy's large commercial ships sitting at the gate, ignoring the 400k tons of enemy cruisers and destroyers also sitting on the gate that were shooting at my fleet. It seems like Fleet Fire at Will should prioritize military ships, not commercial ships, in the list of targets.

The following users thanked this post: Vandermeer, skoormit

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
« Reply #700 on: June 17, 2022, 11:12:01 AM »
My salvage ships were merrily salvaging along when all of the sudden I got the message that "Orders Completed: Salvage Beta cannot salvage the target wreck as no ships within the fleet have salvage capability".

Obviously that's not true, since that fleet just salvaged several fighter wrecks right before that. I'm thinking it's an issue with the target wreck. Before being being killed, it was a 49 ton sensor fighter. The wreck is now a 0 ton wreck, which is probably what's causing the problem. I'm betting that because it was below 50 tons when it got destroyed it was rounded down to a 0 ton wreck and the salvage code doesn't know what to do with a 0 ton wreck.

SJW: Good Guess. Fixed for v2.0
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 09:47:14 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
« Reply #701 on: June 17, 2022, 12:39:26 PM »
On a related note, salvage time seems to depend only on the salvage rate of a single ship, regardless of how many ships are in the fleet. Not sure if this is working as intended, but it seems like salvage should depend on the fleet's total salvage rate.

SJW: WAI - only one ship can work on a wreck.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 09:47:39 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #702 on: June 22, 2022, 12:56:07 PM »
Use Components can give free minerals.

If you use components when building multiple ships at a time, you can get free minerals.

Steps:
1) Make a new ship class, add a single engine, and then build a few of those engines with factories.
2) Create a new shipyard, tool it for the new class, and add a second slipway.
3) Delete all other shipbuilding tasks at this colony (not required, but makes it easier to see the effect of the bug).
4) Back on The Shipyards tab, select the new yard, tick the Use Components checkbox (make sure you have the correct engine in the stockpile at this colony), and click the Create Task button twice.
5) On the Mining tab, middle pane, observe the negative value for Gallicite in the SY Tasks column. (It is probably equal to twice the gallicite cost of the new ship class.)
6) Advance time, and observe that your Gallicite stockpile is in fact benefiting from this "income" (i.e., it is not merely a display glitch).

Note that if you do more ships at once, the negative gallicite gained per ship increases. It seems to be equal to N * (N-1) * cost per ship.

Also note: you can prevent the bug by selecting a different shipyard after you click the Create Task button. If you then re-select the original yard and click the Create Task button again, the bug does not occur.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 10:40:35 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Voltbot

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #703 on: June 22, 2022, 04:20:34 PM »
I'm not sure, whather it's a bug or a feature, but I'll bring it anyways.
As much as I was experimenting it looks like jump shock doesn't affect parasites.

SW: Fixed for v2.0
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 10:44:10 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #704 on: July 03, 2022, 06:02:45 AM »
When motionless at a recreational location, deployment time seems to reduce at 9x the passage of time rather than 10x.

I parked a survey ship in orbit of my HW after a long tour of duty.
It had a deployment time of 112.24 months.
I gave the ship a Send Message order, targeting the HW, with an order delay of 29030400 seconds (= 336 days = 11.2 months).

When the ship executed the order it had a deployment time of 11.49 months remaining.
So the clock reduced by 100.75 months in 11.2 months, which gives a ratio of ~8.9955.

Perhaps the fact that the ship had an order in its list caused the deployment clock to increment at normal time rate simultaneously with decrementing at 10x rate.

EDIT:
I then left the ship in orbit, and gave a different fleet a send message order delayed by 1.14 months.
This should have been almost enough time for the survey fleet deployment clock to reduce from 11.49 to zero.

Instead, when that message executed, the survey fleet had a remaining deployment clock of 1.32 months.
So it seems that the issue of reducing by 9x rather than 10x time has nothing to do with an order being in the list.

Possibly related: this survey fleet has two ships.
One is a commercial tug with a maintenance module.
The other is a 1kt engineless survey vessel. It is this vessel that has the deployment clock. (The maintenance clock never rises above 0, because it is always accompanied by the maintenance module.)
Perhaps the issue is that the survey ship is "being tugged" (even though motionless), and that is causing deployment time to increment as time passes, even as it simultaneously reduces by 10x.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 07:25:15 AM by skoormit »