Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 268843 times)

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #945 on: September 16, 2015, 10:21:37 AM »
Finished up my survey ships' designs.
Code: [Select]
Discovery class Geological Survey Vessel    12 550 tons     139 Crew     1274 BP      TCS 251  TH 800  EM 0
3187 km/s    JR 1-25(C)     Armour 2-48     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/6     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 63    Max Repair 100 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 60 months    Spare Berths 1   
Cryogenic Berths 200   

Shaw-Fujikawa Advanced Technical CJD15KT     Max Ship Size 15000 tons    Distance 25k km     Squadron Size 1
400 EP 50HS Commercial Magneto-plasma Drive (2)    Power 400    Fuel Use 5.3%    Signature 400    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 2 000 000 Litres    Range 541.2 billion km   (1965 days at full power)

Lee Advanced Defence Systems 200R3 CIWS (1x6)    Range 1000 km     TS: 20000 km/s     ROF 5       Base 50% To Hit
Geological Survey Sensors (6)   6 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
The first 3 are still in production at the Bartlett Electric Boat Co.; GEV Leif Ericson, Thor Heyerdahl, and Yuri Gagarin. They will be completed in one years time.
Marco class Gravitational Survey Vessel    14 000 tons     313 Crew     1687.2 BP      TCS 280  TH 800  EM 0
2857 km/s    JR 3-50     Armour 2-51     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/5/0     Damage Control Rating 22     PPV 0
Maint Life 7.46 Years     MSP 1657    AFR 71%    IFR 1%    1YR 52    5YR 785    Max Repair 150 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 60 months    Spare Berths 16   
Cryogenic Berths 400   

Alcubierre Sytems MJD14000(3-50)     Max Ship Size 14000 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 3
400 EP 50HS Commercial Magneto-plasma Drive (2)    Power 400    Fuel Use 5.3%    Signature 400    Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 2 000 000 Litres    Range 485.2 billion km   (1965 days at full power)

Lee Advanced Defence Systems 200R3 CIWS (2x6)    Range 1000 km     TS: 20000 km/s     ROF 5       Base 50% To Hit
Gravitational Survey Sensors (5)   5 Survey Points Per Hour

ECM 10

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
The first 3 were already built at the Robinson & Goodwin Shipyards; Marc Aaronson, George Ogden Abell, and Antonio Abetti. They have been surveying for a few months now and so far only SP5 has yielded a ftl possible location.

Edit; So there are 5 JPs total in the Sol system. However, the closest one to the central planets already contains a Jump Gate. It led to the Tau Ceti system (JG on the other side as well), which contains a planet a near identical twin to Terra. Tau Ceti A V; -10C temp, 1.08Gs, and a pressure of 1.1 atm. I also explored another system at the exact same time, the Proxima Centauri system. Now all together there are 6 planets under a 5 colony cost not within Sol.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:15:46 PM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #946 on: September 21, 2015, 12:47:18 AM »
Nemesis: year 2 (2026)
Global temperatures have increased to 14.73 in the last year, at this rate earth will become uninhabitable without infrastructure by 2035, however as nemesis will get significantly closer as it passes in 2050 the stellar instability is sure to increase severely before then. Earths first terraforming station has been constructed by the United Nations Coalition and has quickly come online, tasked with adding recently developed anti greenhouse gasses in order to offset the temperature increase, a second terraforming station is due in one year. Primary industry goals are set to increasing factory production, research, and mining with secondary goals of more shipyards and 2 additional PDCs. Production of 200 infrastructure a year is enough to support the growing Martian colony which has now reached .9 million as a result of a marathon year long effort by the UNF HG Wells which has been making a trip every 12 days, offloading 30000 colonists and the infrastructure to support them. By the end of the coming year transport capacity will increase to 4 million colonists a year with the completion of a second  H G wells class, and the first double sized Robert heinlein class.
There's no shortage of volunteers for relocation with the recent news also showing that mars is experiencing the same level of temperature increase as the Earth, however Something needs to be cut for more infrastructure production.
Relations with the other powers are strained but a diplomatic team is sent to the pan American states in the hope of getting a valuable trading partner from what's left of our former allies.
Research is slow but focused on increasing research production then construction, first will be done mid 2026, next by January 2027.
Our navy seems to be poor considering the growing number of ships showing up on sensors.
The solitary United Nations TNE survey ship has completed surveys of every planet and moon up to Uranus, after completing surveys of Neptune and it's moons the UNF Hematite will return to earth to refuel and for shore leave, on the way surveying comets in the vacinity.
The UNS Hawking has discovered 3 jump points in the solar system, the first leading to lalande 21185 which has three marginally habitable planets, the next to alpha centauri which has more bodies but of less quality, including an interesting trio of high pressure greenhouse worlds orbiting close to alpha b. the third jump point is due to be explored by the UNs only jump capable ship soon, the UNS Pegasus is a 4500 ton lightly armed scout vessel with minimal sensors, but in invaluable as the only ship capable of transporting our other survey ships, at least until the first gauss equipped 8100 ton jump destroyers come online later this year. As it approaches JP 3 the Pegasus noticed a recently constructed jump gate, the other powers have been busy as a gate was also recently found at the L 21185 point.
Puderbach Shipyard is expanding to 92000 tons to match the jump drive developed last year, its pair of slipways should start work on new higher capacity ships by November this year, mere months after they finish the heinlein, and the first pure freighter, the 2 hold Lloyds f class.
Hartley- chandler yards is working on a second slipway, meanwhile making a second hg wells.
Charpentier-Maxime works on a second 8100 ton missile destroyer, and expanding to a second yard.
And finally martineau-hubberts 3 slipways work on producing more FACs while expanding to 8100 tons.
The next few years should concentrate on exploration, specifically the need to find a suitable world to evacuate to in this regard it's recommended that one of the shipyards retools for making new jump capable survey ships.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #947 on: September 21, 2015, 10:32:07 AM »
Couple more years in now. Sigma Draconis, Tau Ceti, and Proxima Centauri are all grav-surveyed, and the other two are about a quarter done. It seems I might be in a corner of the galaxy but there might be more nexuses behind Proxima Centauri or Shaka. I am also starting to research weaponry in order to start to create warships for various reasons.
Edit; Almost immediately after I posted, a JP was found in Centaurus.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:43:12 AM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #948 on: September 21, 2015, 11:46:37 AM »
Hmmm, well turn out that I might be in some trouble. I found some aliens..... In Proxima Centauri. currently there are 6 Thermal 200 sigs (Designated: Repulse) on top of GEV Thor Heyerdahl. It has been ordered back at full speed and I have initiated contact attempts. Lets hope that A; They are friendly and/or B; They don't have Jump Drives. Thankfully though, none are displaying as a hostile contact. It has been hit by 2x strength 1 energy weapons and 4x 19 Nuclear detonations (but shot down 2). 10 seconds later, GEV Thor Heyerdahl is lost with 71 survivors remaining in pods, however, none of my ships are nearby and the only ones that can rescue them are the alien contacts all hands.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 05:33:24 PM by 83athom »

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #949 on: September 21, 2015, 12:26:52 PM »
So much for peaceful approach.

You should have diplomats ready. Then wait few years until you are closest allies, move your fleet to their homeworld and hold a referendum 'unify' their empire with yours, hehehe.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #950 on: September 21, 2015, 12:54:09 PM »
Refer back to my map, they are 1 jump away from Sol, so it will probably be do or die. I have a Diplomatic team with a rating of 140 working on it, but I don't think it will be enough. I have paused all commercial techs that are being researched to rush out military tech. Currently I have sensors, shields, and a decent particle beam (strength 6, 240k range). However, many techs that I want (while simple) are a little too far off when doing all the techs in order to get a military ship out (UV lasers, focal size 20cm, etc). So any design I will get out for defense will have to be a cobbled design without all the techs I was wanting to put on them.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #951 on: September 22, 2015, 05:09:39 PM »
Well... almost have the last techs I need to build my military ships... aaaaand I encountered another race. Hoping this one is more freindly, the ship that encountered GEV Yuri Gagarin got out safely (but there is still one more in system and the contact was right at the JP). Wolf 424-A I is the most likely location as the homeworld/colony, but note there is a JG on the 1st JP. Well, anyway, I shall be using lasers, missiles, and particle beams as the main weapons in my force for now as those are the only worthwhile techs I have at the moment. Also, that side with Shaka, Hector, and Epsilon Eridani have no more JP left so that is a closed section (Please let it stay that way oh great space wizard).

Edit; Interesting, one of the unexplored JPs in Sigma Draconis led back to Tau Ceti. Also, GSV Antonio Abitti made it back to my space intact  ;D. Instead of sending him strait at the point like I was, I made him take a detour to JP 2 then right around to skip that possible colony location. Communication with this second race has proved somewhat successful, I have yet to receive a negative hit to future rolls.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 06:02:10 PM by 83athom »

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #952 on: September 23, 2015, 11:28:34 AM »
September 2nd, 2039 at 1658 hours, contact has been made with the Kingdom of Fujima and the Sinclair Diplomatic team with a rating of 70 has been assigned to them with relations improving everyday. So far relations have been friendly and we are currently at an understanding. However, communication proved to be impossible with the aliens found in the Proxima Centauri system and relations are not improving despite the Osullivan (170 rating) diplomatic team assigned to them.

Edit; A JG just formed on the JP of Proxima Centauri in the Sol system. *Starts to slow clap* Good one Aurora, good one. *Starts to prepare butt*
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:11:31 PM by 83athom »

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #953 on: September 24, 2015, 08:41:18 PM »
Construction has started on the first 3 of the Floreal class and are expected to finish in 1 year 2 months. I hope the enemy  don't wise up until I at least have some protection.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #954 on: September 25, 2015, 07:07:29 AM »
Construction has started on the first 3 of the Floreal class and are expected to finish in 1 year 2 months. I hope the enemy  don't wise up until I at least have some protection.

Didn't you pre-build some of the components as you waited for the others to finish researching? Even pre-building just the engines knocks a very significant time of the ship completion date.

Ian
IanD

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #955 on: September 25, 2015, 07:11:20 AM »
Didn't you pre-build some of the components as you waited for the others to finish researching? Even pre-building just the engines knocks a very significant time of the ship completion date.
I did not know that was working. In my last games the parts only sat there instead of being used when I tried. Well my construction was/is pretty full as it is though

Edit; Yay, micro increments. Either my neighbors are having fun or one of them is being a peeping tom and "having fun".
Edit 2;*sigh* Despite my outstanding contracts to deliver about 50000 different buildings (including infrastructure, mines [auto and normal], and terraformers) the only thing my shipping lines are building are colony ships. Now I have 1 huge, 3 large, and 2 small colony ships that I have no direct control over.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 08:48:15 AM by 83athom »

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #956 on: September 25, 2015, 09:04:26 AM »
Fighters don't seem to use prebuilt components, apart from that I've never had trouble with it.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #957 on: September 25, 2015, 09:12:37 AM »
Speaking of fighters, how does this one look;
Missileer class Interceptor    250 tons     2 Crew     114.4 BP      TCS 5  TH 32  EM 0
12800 km/s     Armour 1-3     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 0     PPV 1.2
Maint Life 9.91 Years     MSP 29    AFR 5%    IFR 0.1%    1YR 1    5YR 8    Max Repair 54 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 0.1 months    Spare Berths 8   
Magazine 8   

32EP 1HS MPFD (2)    Power 32    Fuel Use 336.02%    Signature 16    Exp 20%
Fuel Capacity 5 000 Litres    Range 1.1 billion km   (23 hours at full power)

Size 1 Box Launcher (8)    Missile Size 1    Hangar Reload 7.5 minutes    MF Reload 1.2 hours
AMMFC10-R1 (70%) (1)     Range 10.4m km    Resolution 1
Aster M1S1 MPAMM (5)  Speed: 30 000 km/s   End: 1.3m    Range: 2.3m km   WH: 1    Size: 1    TH: 150/90/45

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and maintenance purposes
I want to use this as one possible loadout for my LCS. More I was thinking of was a bomber (Anti ship/minelayer), a AS or AF drone (125 ton or smaller), and a recon drone/fighter. And I do know I should use a smaller MFC, but I only have that one atm (for multipurpose use hint hint *wink* *wink*). Still excited for the new update to be able to fix this design and be really (can't find right word) about it. Also, just made this for said fighters in the near future.
Sidewinder S2V1 MPALM:
Missile Size: 2 MSP  (0.1 HS)     Warhead: 4    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 14
Speed: 32000 km/s    Engine Endurance: 33 minutes   Range: 63.4m km
Cost Per Missile: 1.9664
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 448%   3k km/s 140%   5k km/s 89.6%   10k km/s 44.8%
Materials Required:    1x Tritanium   0.9664x Gallicite   Fuel x507.5
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:27:04 AM by 83athom »

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #958 on: September 25, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »
that looks fine, but yknow thats a size 2 missile for a size 1 fighter right :D

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #959 on: September 25, 2015, 12:47:52 PM »
that looks fine, but yknow thats a size 2 missile for a size 1 fighter right :D
The interceptor designed will have the size 1, the size 2 is for a future design of fighter that will be going on my carriers (when designed).