Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 268786 times)

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #1335 on: March 03, 2016, 09:25:13 PM »
You are lucky they didn't target your industrial capacity, namely the shipyards. And the loss of million Mars colony seems like a grave loss, unless you have untapped vast reserves outside of your homesystem, I suspect that you are heading for a last stand, and brave or not, those never end well :(

Yes, i have been wondering why they have not targeted the shipyards.  They are more concerned about destroying commercial shipping.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #1336 on: March 03, 2016, 11:34:46 PM »
New South Africa System: 2066 05:44:11 Suddenly 32 destroyers appear at the CC Eridani jump point, they seem to have a new type of fire control, and fires at my 4 CAPs on the site, destroying several fighters before they even know they are there, seconds later the 76 surviving fighters launch 3 missiles each at different targets, at the same time 4 battlecruisers appear, the Kingdom is for the moment outgunned in the system. But all of the Kingdom ships are firing, the fighters are streaming back to their carriers to rearm. My carriers and other ships are retreating back towards New Pretoria, we seem to have a big speed advantage over the enemy, there fastest ship are moving 3539 Km/s our is not less than 10000 Km/s.
My fighters managed to destroy 18 destroyers in there first launched salvos.  :)

And now work is calling  :-[

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:36:44 PM by ExChairman »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #1337 on: March 04, 2016, 06:35:19 AM »
Well, I think I just figured out why the aliens suddenly just stopped their attacks as they did...

Even from the first transit into the Gliese 109 system, something was obviously amiss. Dozens of wrecks were littered around the binary system, and only about half of those wrecks matched records of known Haora ships. No active sensor contacts were detected, so survey operations were warily commenced. On approach to the innermost planet of the companion star, passive sensors detected a small-medium population, perhaps 10mil worth of colonists. Naval Intelligence hypothesised that this system was probably a major outpost of some sort for the Haora Empire which had seen some major action recently. Carrier Group 1 was dispatched to investigate and ultimately annex the colony.

After CG1 arrived in orbit of the planet, a laser bombardment was ordered which continued for all of 15 seconds after which the colony surrendered. The party that was sent down to the surface however was greeted with a nightmarish visage - after passing below the obscuring cloud layer, a thoroughly irradiated landscape could be seen. Countless craters pockmarked the land, and the ground was liberally covered with rubble from what was presumably once a planet-wide cityscape. Nuclear winter had well and truly set in, with average temperatures well below 100C measured at the surface. This planet had seen some serious nuclear bombardment.

The "colony" that had surrendered was actually a small portion of the planetary city that had somehow survived more or less intact. The ~9million civilians that were still alive on the planet divulged the location of some impressive fuel, maintenance and mineral stashes that had survived bombardment by virtue of being stored deep underground, however it was also learned that none of the planet's industry had been left untouched. It seems that whatever force had attacked previously was careful to ensure the Haora would never be able to rise above the Stone Age again. In any case, the sheer level of radiation that still lingered completely rendered any manufacturing equipment useless, and any survivors would be sterilised anyway, so the Haora race was doomed to a slow death.

Naval Intelligence is now prioritising salvage operations in the Gliese 109 system in an attempt to gain any information as to the identity and capabilities of this new alien power.

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
« Reply #1338 on: March 04, 2016, 12:01:56 PM »
I started a new game. Less than a year into it I had spoilers using large numbers of FACs in Sol. My ships were so unprepared that they were brushed away like they didn't exist.

Offline Pixel1191

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • P
« Reply #1339 on: March 04, 2016, 07:09:21 PM »
I hate aliens....

:-\

So dead.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #1340 on: March 05, 2016, 02:52:57 AM »
Holy smeg, that is going to hurt AF :P
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #1341 on: March 05, 2016, 02:54:09 AM »
Ouchhh :-X
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #1342 on: March 05, 2016, 03:30:25 AM »
"This is your captain speaking, please return to your seats and fasten your seatbelts as we will shortly be encountering a bit of turbulence..."

Offline illrede

• i
« Reply #1343 on: March 05, 2016, 12:15:15 PM »
I hate aliens....

:-\

So dead.

I saw a screen like that once. I was shuttling between Lagrange points in a spoiler fight. Freaked me out.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 12:17:12 PM by illrede »

Offline illrede

• i
« Reply #1344 on: March 05, 2016, 12:21:21 PM »
You are lucky they didn't target your industrial capacity, namely the shipyards. And the loss of million Mars colony seems like a grave loss, unless you have untapped vast reserves outside of your homesystem, I suspect that you are heading for a last stand, and brave or not, those never end well :(

I believe situations like this is why the Good Mr. Walmsley generates pre-TN NPC's.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
« Reply #1345 on: March 06, 2016, 02:53:22 PM »
My attack fighters are attacking some 320 enemy fighters, empty of their ordanance, flying in straight lines, but still a slow work. Using 4 small gauss cannons with 17% tog hit on each attack fighter... Ohh well,  only some 100 left. ;D
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Offline firsal

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • f
« Reply #1346 on: March 07, 2016, 08:54:11 AM »
I have the craziest starmap

Those overlapping lines are driving me CRAZY

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #1347 on: March 07, 2016, 08:10:24 PM »
You could straighten that out pretty quickly.  Move Codalus, Sligo, Danzig, and Sandhurst to the top and move Epsilon Eridani above Hector and out a little to the left.  Then just move Wolf 424 down a little and Nebularia to the right of Wolf 424.  It helps a lot if you lay your star map out in a grid pattern with uniform spacing as well.  Sometimes crossovers are unavoidable though.  My current game has topped 75 systems and I have no crossing jump lines at the moment.

Offline firsal

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • f
« Reply #1348 on: March 07, 2016, 11:31:33 PM »
You could straighten that out pretty quickly.  Move Codalus, Sligo, Danzig, and Sandhurst to the top and move Epsilon Eridani above Hector and out a little to the left.  Then just move Wolf 424 down a little and Nebularia to the right of Wolf 424.  It helps a lot if you lay your star map out in a grid pattern with uniform spacing as well.  Sometimes crossovers are unavoidable though.  My current game has topped 75 systems and I have no crossing jump lines at the moment.

I've tried that , yet there's still a few knots :( guess I'll have to live with them i suppose

Despite the knots, I'm liking the new jump point generation system. Gives more of a net-style system of jump points rather than the previous tree-style. Gives more strategic depth in my opinion

Offline AlqVeers

• Petty Officer
  • Spaceship!
« Reply #1349 on: March 08, 2016, 01:26:46 AM »
The realisation that just because the story sounds great in my head, doesn't mean it translate into an actual document the same way.

After several restarts because I kept mucking up the settings and a flawed technology exchange between the REC (Russ-Euro Conglomerate) and the UCAS (United Canadian American States) saw the UCAS colony get traded instead and I had to SM it back, this is much harder than any of my previous play throughs.

Oh, game wise?, China will eat all the resources and still have nothing to show for it. :/
I've started talking in my sleep apparently, all that was audible was "Spaceship". Go figure :)