Author Topic: Hit chance?  (Read 931 times)

Offline Thrake (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
Hit chance?
« on: June 07, 2020, 08:20:18 AM »
If in my fleet I use a fast ship and a slow ship, in combat, which speed will be used to determine the hit chance of the ennemy targetting my fast ship: its max speed or its actual speed (down to that of the slow ship)?

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Re: Hit chance?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 10:01:11 AM »
If the ships are in the same fleet they are effectively using the same speed, so it would be the slower speed in that case. You could however put them in separate fleets and have the faster ship follow the slower ship, then they would use their faster speed to either hit or avoid being hit in combat.

The following users thanked this post: Thrake

Offline Thrake (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 10:10:57 AM »
I could yes, but it would mean that my fanciful pride ship with his flag bridge and senior CO is not working as intended. Thanks, back to the drawing board...

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 10:43:50 AM »
I view the flag bridge to mainly keep squadron commanders and task-force commanders. Those can be in the same fleet or in separate fleets depending on the needs. If you have ships of different speeds you should expect them to separate at some point so the faster ships also should have their own squadron commander.

The means that each squadron of ships I intend to break off for independent mission also need a commander in addition to the overall task-force commander.

Task-force commanders would usually be a Rear Admiral and the squadron commander a Commodore.

The name fleet is a bit confusing on my opinion and should be rephrase to task-group or something, but that is not super important. An actual fleet commander would not really be part of the fleet and is what Admin Commands is all about.