Author Topic: Semi-Official 6.x Suggestion Thread  (Read 107615 times)

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Re: Semi-Official 6.x Suggestion Thread
« Reply #375 on: July 07, 2014, 06:22:27 PM »
What?!?

...And here I thought myself original just a week ago when trying to come up with some explanation for all the Aurora technology...
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #376 on: July 07, 2014, 06:39:03 PM »
obviously you all are wrong and spacecraft are driven by invisible angels behind them beating their wings and driving the things forward.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #377 on: July 08, 2014, 07:54:30 AM »
To go with the research anomalies you now need the ability to target your salvage ship downloads to a particular system to make most efficient use of the various research outposts in your empire.
Ian
IanD

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #378 on: July 08, 2014, 09:53:19 AM »
To go with the research anomalies you now need the ability to target your salvage ship downloads to a particular system to make most efficient use of the various research outposts in your empire.
Ian

I may be missing/misunderstanding something here, but your salvager already have that ability.
There is a check-box on the "individual ship" page, history/notes/tech data tab to keep the ship from downloading tech data. Generally, I keep this checked until the ship reaches the system where I want that data to be downloaded to.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #379 on: July 09, 2014, 02:36:04 AM »
I may be missing/misunderstanding something here, but your salvager already have that ability.
There is a check-box on the "individual ship" page, history/notes/tech data tab to keep the ship from downloading tech data. Generally, I keep this checked until the ship reaches the system where I want that data to be downloaded to.

Yes you can withhold all the data but not a particular piece of data. For example if I salvage a few precursor wrecks with a single salvager, I may get engine tech, armour tech, ECM tech etc. If I am researching the engine tech in one system and all others in the home system I don't really want to download the engine tech to the home system with all the other data. Hope this makes it clearer.
Ian
IanD

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #380 on: July 09, 2014, 09:52:21 AM »
Yes you can withhold all the data but not a particular piece of data. For example if I salvage a few precursor wrecks with a single salvager, I may get engine tech, armour tech, ECM tech etc. If I am researching the engine tech in one system and all others in the home system I don't really want to download the engine tech to the home system with all the other data. Hope this makes it clearer.
Ian

Ah, I see. Haven´t played with 6.3/6.4 yet, so I wasn´t aware of the implications the new research anomalies brought with them.

Hm, thinking about it, how about the ability to _upload_ specific tech data into a ship again, I mean, it isn´t _gone_ it is just sitting in the computers of your research lab and if it fit into the salvager´s databanks and if that salvager was able to download that data to the labs, it sure should be possible to do the reverse.

Perhaps only salvagers (massive databanks that are part of the salvaging module) can hold/download/upload that huge amount of data, or how about creating a new module like "research databanks", so you could build a tech-courier?
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #381 on: July 10, 2014, 02:59:19 AM »
Hm, thinking about it, how about the ability to _upload_ specific tech data into a ship again, I mean, it isn´t _gone_ it is just sitting in the computers of your research lab and if it fit into the salvager´s databanks and if that salvager was able to download that data to the labs, it sure should be possible to do the reverse.

Perhaps only salvagers (massive databanks that are part of the salvaging module) can hold/download/upload that huge amount of data, or how about creating a new module like "research databanks", so you could build a tech-courier?

Either or both of those suggestions would be good
Ian
IanD

Offline Whitecold

• Commander
  • W
« Reply #382 on: July 16, 2014, 03:32:03 AM »
A small thing:
It would be cool if the picture chosen for a medal would be changeable, as I'm stuck with a choice I'm no longer happy with.

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #383 on: July 16, 2014, 04:44:29 PM »
A small thing:
It would be cool if the picture chosen for a medal would be changeable, as I'm stuck with a choice I'm no longer happy with.

seconded
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #384 on: July 18, 2014, 12:09:37 AM »
Easy way around this is go into medals jpg folder and rename the image then put another medal in it place with the jpg. It should change your images for that medal. the same think happens for planets, if you want to update all your planet images.

Offline Whitecold

• Commander
  • W
« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2014, 08:33:02 AM »
In the same line of thought, would it be possible to force civilian lines to retire their ships/build them/delete a line completely?

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2014, 08:47:14 AM »
In the same line of thought, would it be possible to force civilian lines to retire their ships/build them/delete a line completely?
+1

My current game counts 39 shipping lines, all bankrupt due to my interference. In 6.3 the spawn of shipping lines was built up on the profit of former lines, so you could just sabotage the first one and then you would never see another again (unless you subside the first). Now they probably spawn by population count or income or something in that direction, leading to that you get one every 2-5 years.
..A little bothersome to weed them all out if they are not welcome.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Whitecold

• Commander
  • W
« Reply #387 on: July 21, 2014, 01:41:13 PM »
Another suggestion from me, missile magazines and maintenance storage should be civilian parts. Right now colliers and supply ships are military classified. It makes little sense that carrying a stockpile of spare parts or missiles instead of fuel or minerals should cause your engines to fail, about the only part that can, which drains a lot of spare parts especially for the huge civilian engines.

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #388 on: July 27, 2014, 10:59:47 AM »
Another suggestion from me, missile magazines and maintenance storage should be civilian parts. Right now colliers and supply ships are military classified. It makes little sense that carrying a stockpile of spare parts or missiles instead of fuel or minerals should cause your engines to fail, about the only part that can, which drains a lot of spare parts especially for the huge civilian engines.
I completely agree with this.

To me, having a ship that is 5% military should be much easier to maintain than a ship that is 50% or 90% military. Adding 1 laser to a freighter during wartime should not cause the ship to catastrophically explode every so often due to engine failure.

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #389 on: July 28, 2014, 05:06:39 PM »
I completely agree with this.

To me, having a ship that is 5% military should be much easier to maintain than a ship that is 50% or 90% military. Adding 1 laser to a freighter during wartime should not cause the ship to catastrophically explode every so often due to engine failure.

I agree its a pain and makes little sense although it maintains the consistency of civ ships somehow not needing any upkeep. Personally I'd like to see a middle ground of civilian versions of maintenance stores and magazines that don't trigger the military flag but only allow for loading and unloading at planets.

Alternative options might be:

- Civilian version of magazine applies a multiplier to reload rates, making them a poor choice for military ships but at the same time is more space efficient.

- All magazines, fuel tanks and maintenance to be given a transfer rate. Ie msp per minute / litres per minute with civilian versions having a decidedly worse rate. These rates would then be used to make such transfers take time rather than the instantaneous transfers done today.