Author Topic: Leviathan Wakes  (Read 3167 times)

Offline the-isz (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
Leviathan Wakes
« on: December 02, 2012, 11:34:21 AM »
Just finished this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good characters and well written dialogue.

http://www.amazon.com/Leviathan-Wakes-The-Expanse-ebook/dp/B0047Y171G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354469479&sr=8-2&keywords=leviathan+wakes

My only complaint would be the ending seemed rushed, but otherwise, it hooked me from the beginning and had nice cliffhangers at each chapter to keep you going. I'm already on to his next in the series, Caliban's War.

Anyone else read it?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Leviathan Wakes
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 11:47:08 AM »
Just finished this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good characters and well written dialogue.

http://www.amazon.com/Leviathan-Wakes-The-Expanse-ebook/dp/B0047Y171G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354469479&sr=8-2&keywords=leviathan+wakes

My only complaint would be the ending seemed rushed, but otherwise, it hooked me from the beginning and had nice cliffhangers at each chapter to keep you going. I'm already on to his next in the series, Caliban's War.

Anyone else read it?

I bought it a while ago but I haven't got around to reading it yet. Now I might :)

Steve

Offline niflheimr

• Lieutenant
  • n
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 08:15:13 AM »
Finished it a few weeks ago - not stellar but definitely good enough to spend a night on the couch :)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 06:43:48 AM »
Read it now :)

Reasonably good and definitely worth a read. My only real issue wuth the book is how the author treats distances. Although he never actually mentions a distance in km between two objects, the distances between the various bodies in the solar system in terms of time seems to vary depending on the needs of the plot.

Steve